Interested in building amps with Icepower modules

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I might be wrong but I thought the ICE power modules are only available to manufacturers.

If you're looking for class D amplifiers there are more choices. LCAudio from Danmark is one of them and I just bought two modules. Will be a while before I can start building so I cannot comment on quality (yet) but they seem to perform very well. Although the amplifiers are tiny (credit card size) they require relative big power supplies (1kVa+ per channel) to perform at their top level

Don't know if this is something for the chipamp forum, I believe that there is interest to start a separate Class D amp section.

mattjk said:
I've searched around and haven't been able to find anything good concerning a DIY project and where to find the modules.

Any help would be great, thank you.

I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about, but check out Mouser, Digikey, and Schaffner. I'm building my amp right now and am going to use a schaffner part...pretty expensive ($30), but it contains an inline fuse, switch, filter, and if you so choose a few extra goodies. Hope this helps,

Doovieman

ps Schaffner is known as one of the best companies in this department...there are others that are not as expensive.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.