Which Class-D amp to get from Aliexpress?

The Allo Volt+ D is a TPA3118 based device. Other than not requiring a heatsink (it's a pad down design which uses the PCB for heat dispersal) it's identical to the TPA3116. It is a good amp, and those that have them are more than happy to recommend them.

However, it is an older design chip, and things have moved on. It is also relatively expensive compared to some of the newer chip based amps (when bought from ALiExpress) such as those based on TPA3220/1, TPA3244/5 and the Infineon MA12070.

Amps based on the TPA3255 are readily available, and can provide a lot more power than you'd need (and need a healthy size PSU to drive them properly), but there are a few bad implementations out there.

If it was my choice, I'd be looking at a simple MA12070 amp. If you need BT etc, use separate modules; let the amp amplify!

Even on Amzon you can get a reasonably cheap, known brand, MA12070 based amp:

SMSL A12 Infineon's MA12070 Amplificateur audio stereo Bluetooth 5.0 classe D integre 2 canaux pour haut-parleur domestique avec controle des basses et des aigus 80 W x 2 : Amazon.fr: High-Tech

But the cheaper ones are on AliExpress:

80W*2 High Power Digital Power Amplifier MA12070 Dual Channel HIFI Amplifier|Amplifier| - AliExpress

Last edited:
Also saw this 3eAudio amp TPA3255 Bluetooth 5.0 with DSP Processing Integrated Power Supply All in One HiFi Amplifier|Amplifier| - AliExpress

It got a bad review in audiosciencereview due to design issues though.

I think a TAP3250/1 would be a better solution, here's one from the same supplier, who is also a member here on DIYA:

TPA3250 Bluetooth 5.0 with DSP Integrated Power Supply All in One HiFi Amplifier|Amplifier| - AliExpress

Better test results, and only needs a 30v PSU, compared to a TPA3255 etc.

Hi! i'm tryied all tpa chips ...
But for me is my ears ... merus fleas are far ahead ...
Now ... it's going crazy about of 7mm chips with so much fishing ...

I eagerly await the response from Texas Instrument.:)

At this moment ,i think ,it's the better chips class d ...

all good Merus!

can you recommend some budget amp with subwoofer output ?
Right now I have tpa3255, but want to add some subwoofer and the only way of doing it, is connecting 100$ miniDSP.
I thought that maybe it would be cheaper to change amp ;-) for some 2.1 (with output for sub). Do you recommend any 2.1 class d amp ?
I have found that there are lots of amps with MA12070/infineon chips with sub output like for example SABAJ A10a

A TPA325 is a lot more futureproof than all the other mini amps. Those were fun to play with until the TPA3255 arrived. For not much more money you can get a killer amp which does it all in the TPA3255. A moderate to high level the TPA3255 will wipe the floor with those low power chips because it will still maintain a low THD.

Im still waiting for Aiyima 04 to come but i just received Zk 502T(Tpa3116). I can say that it is very good sounding cheap little amp. I connected it to Philips MC50 6Ohm speakers and for me it sounds better than any other active PC speakers in range ~100USD i tried so far. No hiss, clear sound and plenty of power even with 12V2A power adapter.

Last edited:
As Dnic said. You need power to move a sub. I have an customized aiyima and before it a splitter to divide the signal. Then a 1000 w inuke dsp and a diy jbl gto 12" and I'm very pleased with the sound. Whaferdale linton are my speakers.
So you mean that I can buy some Y RCA splitter and connect two outputs = my tpa3255 amp with 2.0 speakers + active subwoofer to second RCA
sth like that --> eSYNiC 2 X 1/1 X 2 L / R Stereo Audio Bi Directional Switcher With Mute Button Portable RCA Stereo Audio Switch Audio Splitter| | - AliExpress

This is the one I have. It's sounds very good.

Attachments

• IMG_20211202_183813.jpg
    IMG_20211202_183813.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 465