Which Class-D amp to get from Aliexpress?

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
I have the little MA12070 amp. I have it hooked up by optical from my tv and pc. It is a stereo amp so I have the "line out" hooked to a subwoofer amp then to a JBL 12 inch sub. The MA 12070 is powering two Onix XLS speakers. To me the amp is better than the TPA3116 amps i have had. Quite as a mouse from turn on to turn off. Just lets the music or movies do their own thing. Here is the front photo from Aliexpress:
Hi I would love to see a picture of the innards of that one. Did you disassemble it?

I disassembled mine. It consists of two boards connected by a ribbon cable. The main board is basically the amp with inputs and power connectors. The speaker connections are the four large holes in the board - these connect to the speaker terminals when the board is mounted into the housing. The 2nd board has the LED driver and bluetooth chips. The housing has the four speaker terminals and some threaded bolts glued to the bottom to give it some weight. :) Lots of electronics for the price! I haven't done any testing/listening as I'm deep into a speaker project.

Attachments

• Display board.jpg
    Display board.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 242
  • Housing.jpg
    Housing.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 227
  • Main board back.jpg
    Main board back.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 237
  • Main board front.jpg
    Main board front.jpg
    369.3 KB · Views: 252
Reactions: 1 user
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
There are worse layouts out there. Thermal stitches seem OK too. Also it has output filtering not found in more expensive amplifiers. The costcutting already started by leaving out some decoupling caps. Low cost and high modding potential.

Maybe the more noisy MA12070P is more quiet in reality when compared with devices that use MA12070 without any filtering….

Thanks for the pictures ernperkins! Please tell us how it performs.

Last edited:
Admittedly.. but I prefer the A/D conversion to chips provided for that... If infineon brings me a new chip with dac AKM inside.
i sign it According to the specs ... we can do without filtering or reduce it to a minimum ... it was a bit of their commercial advantage .. ??? :rolleyes: :unsure::unsure::unsure:

@jean-paul you could be correct they all looks the same under different brands, most probably manufactured at the same place here is another from brzhifi

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNfDBag

Just need something can be easily modded or minor mod and use as a soundbar replacement, 2.1 with remote control under $150

The saber 9018Q2M dac will certainly spoil the performance of the amp... Too bad...