What is next cheap amp after TPA3255 that is better?

I'm pretty happy with mine two 3E audio running active two way digital all way with Purifi elements.
But I think maybe the weak point is the amp.
The HF could be better I think but don't know if I whant to put $1000 in
for example Purifi Eigentakt and don't hear any difference even if it's meassure better.
Whats your thoughts?

If you're into DIY there are multiple threads here about upgrading caps, op-amps, inductors and even power supplies for better sound. The newer "B" version of the 3e Audio 2 channel 3255 amp has the op-amps on DIP sockets for easy upgrades. Finally, 3e Audio has instructions (attached) how to add a post feedback filter (PFFB) to their amps. Lots of options.

Attachments

• PFFB-Modification-on-EAUMT-Serise-Amplifier-Board-V0.2.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 469
  • TI Post filter feedback.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 326
If you're into DIY there are multiple threads here about upgrading caps, op-amps, inductors and even power supplies for better sound. The newer "B" version of the 3e Audio 2 channel 3255 amp has the op-amps on DIP sockets for easy upgrades. Finally, 3e Audio has instructions (attached) how to add a post feedback filter (PFFB) to their amps. Lots of options.
Yes I have OPA1656 and those are great and followed everything in forum but havent done the PFBB beacause I don't run balanced out which I think is major to gain any that you maybe hear...

So what is next from TI?
It must be simple but more power and bigger chip and to get the heat of.
An Mean Well at 76 DC.
:)

I don't see any newer class-D chips on the TI website that are in the same power range as the TPA3255.
You could try a better TPA3255 implementation ( JLester, DrMordor and xrk971 have products now, Allo is supposed to have a "next level" TPA3255 amp coming out in a few months). Or pick up an NCore amp from Audiophonics, or try one of the MA12070 amps that people have been raving about.

Or maybe what you need a DSP providing room adjustment and EQ?

I don't see any newer class-D chips on the TI website that are in the same power range as the TPA3255.
You could try a better TPA3255 implementation ( JLester, DrMordor and xrk971 have products now, Allo is supposed to have a "next level" TPA3255 amp coming out in a few months). Or pick up an NCore amp from Audiophonics, or try one of the MA12070 amps that people have been raving about.

Or maybe what you need a DSP providing room adjustment and EQ?

I have nanoDigi and two khadas dacs I'm very happy with.

D

Deleted member 148505

Looks like this one will be better, it has built-in 120dB DAC, 2mHz switching freq and PFFB.

I think once Bruno's patents expire, there will be huge flooding of next gen chip / cheap amps.

Attachments

• hfda801a-2449821.pdf
    266.9 KB · Views: 353
  • en.FLFDA8010518_lr.pdf
    911.8 KB · Views: 292
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    112 KB · Views: 1,465

ICG

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
^Yeah.
Right now it seems the most cost effective upgrade compared to TPA32xx would probably be the TPA32xx with PFFB.
Sorry, not helping, I know. But bang/buck it's hard to beat those TPA32xx chips.

Personally I'm eagerly hoping for a decent double TAS3251 design for plate amps.

I'm also waiting till a decent TPA3255 (or another of the series) amp comes along with post filter feedback is available. I'd take a nice plate amp too. For the eBay/Ali boards, that's probably never going to happen, unfortunately (E: for PFFB). That means it probably will be a DIY amp from ground up. And that it will be more expensive than the chinese ones atm. That also means, the amp will have to compete with the icepower modules price wise. I am not sure if it can compete with these.

Last edited:
Same here. A 2.1 plate amp with two tpa3255 (2xbtl, 1xpbtl) would be handy for either a 3 way speaker or a mini system. The TPA have to under the PCB too, to have an external heatsink, a must for a plate amp. I'm very seriously considering rolling my own at this point.