Mixing Class D with AB?

"MUSIC Group (the parent company of Midas, Klark Teknik, Turbosound, Behringer and Bugera) has announced that it has acquired TC Group (parent company of Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Lake, TC Electronics, TC Helicon and TC Applied Technologies)"

This happened in 2015. Oh well.

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
Mixed amp with different topology or class is very common in Pro Audio. But in Pro you use DLMS to make all coherent.

For home I suggest you install processor at least there is delay option there as per my understanding you will install subwoofer. Placing the subwoofer also need at center line between LR speaker, then need phase alignment with LR speaker

For the record, that was regarding the single subwoofer setup.
If you make some diy floorstanders most proper and thought-through designs have no need for subwoofers.
Even basic 2-2,5way with double 6,5" in a sealed enclosure can wipe the floor with similarly priced off the shelf speakers.
DSP is very good help, but not an absolute must, depends on the setup.

I know people say it's a bad idea to put speakers and subs in the corner. But every room and setup is different so testing is always necessary. It works for me so far. The FR is great but maybe there is improvement in the time domain possible.

I will open a new thread for my project and I'll post the link here. Not sure when this will happen. Still need to extract the right measurements and prepare a sketch.