Hypex/Purifi vs Chip Amps.

Purifi vs Naim

With the price difference this must be true and blow the older Tripath amps out the water I hope.

Reason I ask is I'm waiting on a pair of Mono block Purifi amps from Nord Acoustics having had T amps, budget tube amps and more recently a Naim 5i so interesting to hear how a Purifi amp compares to Naim. I really dont know what to expect.

Well, a lot of class D amps sound pretty good now.

But if you want top of class grade, it does cost more. You are the only one who can choose depending on your budget and hearing acumen. Purfi (close to the very best if not the very best available currently) and Ncor both are darn good for the money, compare well to some very expensive Class A amps that cost a fortune and eat energy like it costs nothing and doesn't harm the environment. IMHO.

What is good enough?

There can never be a 'good enough' otherwise nothing would evolve. But what can come after the likes of Purifi now, what can be better than the specs these modules already achieve. :emoticon:

Is the future going to be advancements and more use of room correction devices that make the most of these hi end yet affordable amplifiers.

Hi!

For months, I've been comparing the NAD M22 (Ncore NC400) to two chip-based amp options at home:

1) TAS5624 It was a Quloos QA690 404 Not Found
2) TPA3255 Diy based on 3e Audio-Mono modules TPA3255-1CH-480W | 3e Audio

Both variants lost out in comparison with the NAD M22.

I was interested, and I did it on purpose to see for myself. I haven't dealt with Purify, but I think it's only better than the NC400. Of these two chipamps, I really liked the QA690

Last edited: