ICE 200ASC + Ghent for subwoofer

The plate amp in my NHT Twelve died. Was thinking about using the Ghent mono kit:

ghentaudio --- ICEpower 200ASC/300ASC Monoblock DIY Case-kit

and the PE ICE 200ASC:

ICEpower 200ASC Class D Audio Amplifier with Power Supply Module 1 x 200W

I am new to this, so I was hoping for some guidance:

1) Will this amp provide enough power for this subwoofer?

2) I would need to connect the preamp via unbalanced RCA - the Ghent kit has an RCA input? But without the RTX Module. I am confused about why I would need the RTX module (ghentaudio --- RTX (unbalnced RCA to balanced XLR Converting) Module) in this case? Is there any advantage to using it since the kit already has RCA?

3) I would like to add a 12v trigger. I cannot quite figure out from the specs how to implement this on the 200ASC. Does someone have any guidance on what I would run from a 12v input to the 200ASC (and where on the board) to enable auto on from standby with 12v?

Any other tips/guidance?

Much appreciated!!!

-m

I've got a 200 ASC that I use for my stereo speaks and it's never run out of power for me full ranges. It's rates at 200 watts per channel but that's into four ohs with some distortion. It will put out 100 watts clean into 8 ohms, much more into 4 ohms.
So to amswer your question if the 200ASC is enough (it proably is) you need to answer other questions:
What is the impedance of the woofer?
What is its efficiency?
How loud do you like to listen?
How big is the room and how far from the sub will you sit?
What will the crossover frequency be?
How much power can the woofer actually accept?
All of these factors will determine if the 200 ASC is the right choice for you.
BTW can you just get the wiring assemblies from Ghent? $90 for the chassis with connectors, switches, labels, holes and shipping is a fair price. Not bad,really. But the hard part is the wire assemblies. You could do it for less money if you did your own chassis but used their wiring. Not hugely less, though, and maybe not as nice. I hope this helps.

Hello.
I know this is an old thread(it's the most recent I found), but I have a very simple question about the Icepower 200asc board used mono.
For an inline fuse (my IEC inlet has an integral fuse holder, in series with the Line terminal, and must be occupied by a fuseoor it's open circuit)
What recommended amperage inline fuse can be used between the 120VAC line input and the board to further protect it (I know there's a 15A fuse soldered on the board, but still...)?
I realize it may be redundant, but I'm a "belt & suspenders" kind of chap. 4A? 5A? 6A?
Thanks,
-Charles

(PM reply received, thanks): " The 200ASC has a fuse on board. The silkscreen on the boards says it's 3.15A at 250V, If it blows it's not a standard fuse and you'll have to replace it somehow. But it's there and you don't need another fuse."

I appreciate the reply; however, I'm old, stubborn, and unwilling to replace my (fused) IEC receptacle, which includes the on/off switch as well (I'm re-using finished enclosures from another amp kit project)

So, since there is a 3.15A Slo-Blo fuse soldered on-board, I guess it wouldn't hurt to put a 3A fuse in the input holder...

The only remaining question is: would it be better to use a 3A Fast-Blo, or stick with a Slo-Blo (i.e. is there a good chance the Fast fuse might pop
upon power-up)??

Thanks for humoring an old fart that has seen too many electronic project boxes "let the smoke out" in my lifetime!

-Charles