Shui Yuan Audio TPA3255 Modification Thread

I've received the amp board. it's non-working with signs of capacitors damage. Both FAULT and OTW LED are shining! The quality is absolutely corresponding to the price paid for the Chinese crap. Moreover, I can't leave REAL feedback on Aliexpress!

I have a simple choice: throw it away or pay shipping to China for the same amount of money as refund :D

Attachments

• IMG_20210219_164038267.jpg
    IMG_20210219_164038267.jpg
    552.9 KB · Views: 1,128
Last edited:
I've received the amp board. it's non-working with signs of capacitors damage. Both FAULT and OTW LED are shining! The quality is absolutely corresponding to the price paid for the Chinese crap. Moreover, I can't leave REAL feedback on Aliexpress!

I have a simple choice: throw it away or pay shipping to China for the same amount of money as refund :D

Keep in mind : RED LED = WORKING FINE ! no problem here :

AliExpress are usually quite good at processing refunds especially for products that are dead or just don’t work as long as you make the claim quite quickly !

I have never been asked to return a broken board - they normally just tell you to keep it at this price level.

James.

AliExpress are usually quite good at processing refunds especially for products that are dead or just don’t work as long as you make the claim quite quickly !

I have never been asked to return a broken board - they normally just tell you to keep it at this price level.

James.
It's over. Postage from/to China came expensive, no "keep that ****" anymore.
I've escalated the claim and was said to return after about an hour in chat.

Should I report to PayPal?...

You can report to Paypal, but proceed replace that CAPACITOR

It's over. Postage from/to China came expensive, no "keep that ****" anymore.
I've escalated the claim and was said to return after about an hour in chat.

Should I report to PayPal?...

I've had 2 incidences where Aliexpress did not finish well with my purchases. Fortunately, these were <$10 USD. For the most part, Aliexpress customer service has supported my requests for refunds (most complaints were non-deliveries).

Now, onto the amplifier, I see physical damage to that first (closest seen in jpg) capacitor. It might just be that a bad capacitor is the problem. Take pictures before and after, of course. Soldering is not that difficult. Do it.