Psu for Tpa 3255 100w 8ohm speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone!I just got aiyima a07 Amp ,also recommended by a seller (aiyima)psu which is 48v 7,5a. However my speakers are 100w rms 8ohm stereo.Do i need that kind of power from psu for 8ohm?Psu is ok, pleeeenty of power but standby 12w bugging me a bit.I had tpa 3116d2 previously with 24v brick psu and it was using only 2w in standby mode.Can somebody tell me how much power i actually need for my 100w 8R stereo speakers?Thanks a lot.
BTW i dont know if that matters but i have also aiyima T5 preamp connected, it strentghten the signal little bit as well i think..

Hello everyone!I just got aiyima a07 Amp ,also recommended by a seller (aiyima)psu which is 48v 7,5a. However my speakers are 100w rms 8ohm stereo.Do i need that kind of power from psu for 8ohm?Psu is ok, pleeeenty of power but standby 12w bugging me a bit.I had tpa 3116d2 previously with 24v brick psu and it was using only 2w in standby mode.Can somebody tell me how much power i actually need for my 100w 8R stereo speakers?Thanks a lot.
BTW i dont know if that matters but i have also aiyima T5 preamp connected, it strentghten the signal little bit as well i think..

I would use 42V-48V with 5A-6A for 8 ohm speakers & 100W min.

Attachments

• Output-Power-supply-voltage-TPA3255-4-8-ohm.JPG
    Output-Power-supply-voltage-TPA3255-4-8-ohm.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 137
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.