Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Filterless Class D with TPA3126D2
Filterless Class D with TPA3126D2
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Today, 08:45 AM   #21
Peterm100 is offline Peterm100  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxFrench View Post
When I write "TPA3116" I mean "TPA3116D2". I have not known the previous TPA3116.
Thanks for the reference to 3126 modulation. One day I will set up one of my many TPA3116D2 boards directly on the load and bypass the output filter. With my oscilloscope it should be possible to get an idea about what kind of modulation the TPA3116D2 uses and why it can operate straight into the load.
In your case, if it works and no excessive current is drawn, if the TPA3116D2 chip does become suspiciously warm and it sounds good, just go ahead. I may use your results one day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hofmann View Post
I can already conclude that I have far less knowedgle about class D topology that most guys here, but I'd like to tag along for this ride if that's ok. I am working on a similar project, and have made my own pcb design for an active analog Linkwitz-Riley crossover and preamp. For the next phase I was planning a filter less Tpa3116d2 design, but now I am tempted to look into the tpa3126 chip. I would very much be interested in the pcb design files if you would be willing to share them
I definitely recommend that you try the 3126 chip, itís a pretty big improvement over the 3116, and so cool that it doesnít even require a heat sink (at least for my modest desktop system). Iím happy to share the board I designed. Like I said before, Iím making some tweaks to better isolate the analog and switching power inputs, Iíll make extras since there seems to be some interest in it. Do you have experience soldering surface mount components? Also the 3126 chip can be challenging to solder, but itís doable with a fresh tip and flux. Regarding the electronic signal-level crossover, I use the Elliot Sound Products 4th order L-R board which works great. Also, for the preamp take a look at the Warpspeed design, itís a remarkable attenuator and bumped my system to a whole new level!
Old Today, 09:10 AM   #22
FauxFrench is offline FauxFrench  France
diyAudio Member

Many thanks for the guidance. Section 7.3.12.1 in the datasheet. You know the datasheet better than I. I will adapt MODSEL. The BD-modulation seems to be as guessed.
  Reply to this post

Filterless Class D with TPA3126D2Hide this!Advertise here!