Recommend a 30watts to 50watts budget amplifier

>Typically an amplifier rated by the seller at 50W amp is only clean to 20 or 30 watts.

I'd assume many of these class-D amp are similar to the distortion profile below. That is, they're pretty good at all levels of power, right up to just before the very maximum.

It makes sense; when you hit 100% duty cycle, it's a pretty hard stop. But clean through a little better than 1/2 rated power -

Attachments

• distortion.jpg
    distortion.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
It is that one.

I have never used the analog input on the ZK-1002 boards I have here, so I can’t comment on how it sounds using that input. I just put one board inside one of a pair of bookshelf speakers with the power going in, opposite speaker out and run them from a phone or tablet via Bluetooth. The decent sound, very low price, and sheer lack of complexity makes it such that I would recommend to try one if you happen to have an extra set of speakers around.

Bluetooth 5.0 is comparable to CD quality, and makes for a convenient standalone backup system, or for outside, etc.

Well, I guess is good enough for my needs...

Just want to point out that my main motivation for buying that specific amplifier was that it does not have bluetooth.
Nothing against bluetooth, and often it can be better than having some source of unspecified quality injecting noise, but bluetooth adds delay. Sometimes a noisy source is better than a source that's not synchronious to other things happening, like games or movies in my young daughters specific use scenario.
The amp is quite good, most likely the main problem will be the source you connect to it.

Thanks for everyone that participated in this thread.

In the end this was the one I ordered:

9KLmtG2.png

It's fine, works nice enough for my needs, Althoug I noticed it's not that Loud.
That 175w rating is just a big lie.

With my 25watt RMS speakers at 8ohms, it is able to drive them fine, but without getting loud. So it fits my needs, but don't believe the "175watt" rating the sellers describe, it's maybe 30 or 40 watts at 8ohms

Unless you are dealing with a very low sensitivity speaker (like 83dB) at 8 ohm, I would think this amp and psu could drive just about any bookshelf speaker well. 60w/channel is pretty solid wattage. It does not look like the gain is settable at the chip, as it is on some of the TI chips. You could try some 4 ohm speakers and see if that satisfies your needs. If it were me, I would check the chip to ensure it is in fact a TPA3251, but I'm suspicious of Chinese products. It might be nice to confirm the insides anyway, it looks like the Aiyima A04 I see on amazon is using some good parts, Elna caps on the filter and Rubycons elsewhere. What about the sound? This amp should sound very good. I have a TPA3255 and it is outstanding.

Attachments

• tpa3251_cr.jpg
    tpa3251_cr.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I already told in my post that it satisfies my needs, I'm using it for 30w speakers,

I just noticed that it's not Loud, it's definitely not 175w at 4 ohms, not even 60w at 8 ohms.

It sound like a 30w to 40w amplifier.

If I have the time I will open it up and see if the Chip is legit or not,

I can see in other threads that there's a lot of fakes from China, and this product is completely Chinese...

On the one I have max volume is all the way up, whereas something like my classic Nikko amp reaches max volume at 14:00.
Also it's more like half 110w (4Ohm) at 31v so about 45w (8Ohm) before distortion sets in.
That's not bad, you have to read the spec sheet in context. It's able to produce 160w 4 ohms at max rated voltage and with a much beefier power supply.

Edit:
Also if you have a very clean sounding amplifier it will usually sound slightly lower than an amp that has more distortion.

As Majster88 mentioned, this amp is probably Aiyima A04. There were a few mentions of this Tilear amp a year ago when people were comparing different revisions of Aiyima A04.

If you open your amp up, you might want compare your amp to the various prior Aiyima/Tilear pictures to see which revision yours is.

I just got my Aiyima 04 today. And it seems to be the last revision with 2200uf Arc Audio capacitors on green pcb. The smaller capacitors are rubycon, mid capacitors are "Audio" brand and the smallest gold seems to be nichicon. It sounds very good but I also have 2 other small amps. XY-AP15H, Zk 502T and with my speakers I dont really see a big differene between them :p I can also confirm that Aiyima 04 works with 12V adapter with no problem and I have still a lot
of power left.
IMG_20211210_135044.jpg IMG_20211210_135117.jpg IMG_20211210_135222.jpg IMG_20211210_135258.jpg IMG_20211210_135317.jpg IMG_20211210_135613.jpg

Last edited:
I've tried several and one of my favorites is this one. It has a high pass filter built in that you can turn on or off, depending on whether you are using a subwoofer. I've used it both ways and like it. The amp and the power supply brick will be slightly over $50. If you have a spare computer power supply brick, it would work well.

https://www.parts-express.com/TPS31...-x-50W-100W-with-Filter-and-Volume-Co-320-635