Recommend a 30watts to 50watts budget amplifier

Hi

I see no budget proposal by you.

Forget that amps in your post...

7492 is a old chip and its not as good as the predecessor 7498..7498E.
the other one is the TPA3118 chip and thats fine but for this price not.

generally i would say that we will find hundreds of mini class D amps and everybody is looking for the "best" in this segment.
i would go for the amp as yatsushiro present to you or the advice by audientid14. the TPA3116 is a very popular amp and if implemented correct then its very good: look at the existing threads.
generally a new TPA32xx chip is much better then the 31xx chips if correct implemented --> and that is the solution of good SQ.

chris

Last edited:
Hi
i would go for the amp as yatsushiro present to you or the advice by audientid14.
the TPA3116 is a very popular amp and if implemented correct then its very good: look at the existing threads.

generally a new TPA32xx chip is much better then the 31xx chips if correct implemented --> and that is the solution of good SQ.

Thank you so much for your help Chris.

I would go with Yatsushiro or Audientid14 suggestions if the wattages were right.

The TPA3116D2, Yatsushiro suggested is 50w at 4ohms, so Lower power rating than what I need.
And Audientid14 suggestion, the Aiyima a04 is 175w so more than 2 times what I need.

I need something between 60w to 100w at 4ohms
Or 30w to 50w at 8ohms

Thank you all for your input, I'm learning a lot with your help

Whenever someone says recommend an amplifier, they never specify the input, so we just have to assume analog, as analog is the "normal" way to connect up a component system.

Well, with all those years passing, there's now digital input amplifiers. Basically, the amplifier is now the DAC; your source-bits stay as bits right up to the - hopefully not - bitter end.

This suits well those who have their music library in digital form, versus those that embrace the vinyl method of music storage and retrieval.

If you're purely digitally sourced, I'd recommend the Zoudio amp. It's 4 channels, almost 40W per and had integrated DSP, which can be used for 2-way crossovers. Mine connects via BT to a PC / iPhone and then to the speakers with these old fashion things called "wires"... It uses a TI digital amp and I really like the sound, despite any BT limitations and sample rate limitations.

So, there's a whole realm of class-D amplifier out there, not fed by the usual pair of RCA jacks. Thought you might like to know. Beware, as some designs are simply a DAC converting to analog internally, tacked in ahead of a class D analog input amp. Look for one with an all digital signal flow like the Zoudio has.

Whenever someone says recommend an amplifier, they never specify the input, so we just have to assume analog,

I'm feeding the amplifier Analog −10 dBV umbalanced Consumer Line Level signal

Well, with all those years passing, there's now digital input amplifiers.
It's 4 channels,
integrated DSP, which can be used for 2-way crossovers.

Hi thanks,
I don't need digital inputs, only need 2 channels and don't need DSP.

Just simple Line Level in and Speaker level out.
Not having EQ is also good

There's a whole thread here:

TPA3250 somebody is listening?

Thanks,
been reading it.

It seems people say the 5532 opamps are fake, but that seems to be norm for cheap Class-D China amplifiers.
I can chamge the 5532 opamps and do a Electroçytic Re-capped, easy enough to do, no problems

I checked other thread with measurements and it seems the THD seems to rise a lot above 37watts. I think that not a problem for me as I will use it with small speakers that will be in my desk and will not use it very loud.
18watts (at 8ohms) of clean power will be more than enough for my listening volumes

Last edited:
It seems n most cases, inexpensive Chinese amps power ratings are somewhat falsified because they don’t specify a distortion level at the rated power.

Typically an amplifier rated by the seller at 50W amp is only clean to 20 or 30 watts.

So it's better to shoot much higher in power rating than needed in order to have it perform in the low THD area.

I honestly think most listed are just too expensive, try one of these at around $15 US.
ZK-1002, TPA3116 X 2, Bluetooth 5.0

They work great with some solid polymer capacitors swapped too, but are really just fine without. Can be powered by any decent second hand 19V single power supply. Are available via the popular auction site.

Is it this one?

ZK-1002D 100W+100W Audio Amplifier Module Bluetooth 5.0 2 Channel Stereo Amp | eBay

The mini jack input on the front is not really convenient for me, I prefer the input on the back with RCA plugs.

After knowing that the "Claimed" or "Advertised" rating on these Chinese amps it's a bit fake because they don't provide THD measurements, and that probably the THD levels are only acceptable at 50% or the "Claimed" power rating I might go for some of the previous suggestions of more powerful amplifiers.

This one is 56€ with PSU included, uses TPA3251, it's the same unit as Aiyima TPA3251:

HIFI high power TPA3251 Digital Audio Amplifier 175W*2 Beyond TDA7498E / TPA3116|Amplifier| - AliExpress

I think it's a really good price and will be able to deliver the small power that I need pretty clean. Nice case, connectors on the back, No EQ, pretty simple like I need it to.