Amptastic mini 1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im from Portugal. I have been after the amptastic cause its one that have been made with a critereous choice of components its very refined. But its possible that theres others that can be so good. Maybe some of the new ones from ti tpa3251 or tpa3255.

Last edited:
I might let go of that TA2024-amp and also of one of my Aiyima A04-amps (TPA3251) but I don´t think it´s worth shipping these forth and back for you to try.
Shipping would probably be 30% of the amplifiers´ price (one way).

Maybe you find somebody more locally with a tripath amplifier or similar.

What of that two has the better sound, or sounds best for you.
I do like both and they are very similar in sound quality.
The TA2024 has a slightly warmer sound to it which is nice on the metal cone fullrange speaker I´m driving with it.
WONDOM AA-AS32157 Amplifier Tripath TA2024 Class D 2 x 15W / 4 Ohm - Audiophonics
The Aiyima A04 is used on the woofer as it has much more power to offer.

That said, I didn´t really made a proper AB-comparison and also haven´t turned up the amp very loud.
The TA2024 only provides a couple of watts into 8Ohm speaker so there is not much headroom before clipping and 12V power supply. As I don´t use it on the woofer it´s plenty for my purpose. (this one will be exchanged with a LM3886 though)

Are you looking for TA2020 amplifier?
I have this one. It's $12.
DC12V Mini TA2020 T-Amp Digital Stereo Power Amplifier 20WX2 Board for Car Audio 699903697778 | eBay

Here is another one for $15.
TA2020 Digital Amplifier Audio Board 20Wx2 Stereo Power Amplificador Class T | eBay

And another one for $21
GHXAMP TA2020 Digital Amplifier Board 20W+20W 2.0 Power Amplifier Finished | eBay

At the moment I write this I'm listening to this amp:
TPA3116D2 2X50W Digital Amplifier Board D Class Stereo Dual Channel AMP DC 5-.AU | eBay
It's $5.33. Buy it and try it. It costs less then a lunch.

Regards

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.