PAM8610 Input Noise/Hum

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all. I am soft of new to this, so please bare with me.

I have a small problem with my PAM8610 amp which I can't for the life of me figure out. I am using this board to connect an external speaker to an IP camera. The actual setup works. I am able to talk to the camera. However, there is a faint humming and sort of popping sound coming out of the speaker. As soon as I disconnect the input line the popping stops. I am not concerned about the fain humming as much as I am concerned about the popping sound.

As you can see from the photo I added a 100k resistor to the speaker output, which reduced the popping by about 90%. Anyway to completely remove the popping sound?

Thank you all in advanced!

Attachments

• amp1.jpg
    amp1.jpg
    638.7 KB · Views: 134
First step in the analysis of the problem: Short-circuit both input terminals to ground and connect 1000uF-4700uF across the supply terminals (+/-). Without any input signal and 9V-12V supply, do you still have hum?
What you both show are absolute minimum configuration boards that are likely only to provide a minimum performance unless equipped further.
I have two PAM8610 boards in a reasonable configuration - they can be made to work well.
Start-up or shut-down "pop's" are not a technical problem unless very loud. I know that class A/B amplifiers often use relays at the output to remove such "noise". Your very cheap boards do not have a relay.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.