The top-secret new Qualcomm or the old Zetex D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
stuartlew, ok but there are no more details that Qualcomm gave in thier breif. I would like to see THD vs power sweep, and THD vs frequency sweep at -3db and -20db, Zout vs freq. I can see in the pdf you reffered that SNR(-105db or -108db(A)) and THD+N(.01%@1kHz@-3db, perhaps close to .1% at 6.3kHz) noticeable worse than Quallcomm promised.

noticeable worse than Quallcomm promised.
But it's also a very different layout from the evaluation module, impossible to say for sure.
The Taiwantrade board also has onboard PSU.

Shame the evaluation kit is so pricy (800$), most developers will probably prefer the TAS3251 since that eval kit is only 249$ and it has more features(?).
https://www.ti.com/store/ti/en/p/product/?p=TAS3251EVM

Interesting controller. Made mostly to save BOM cost, nothing a x1 32bit MCU and x2 IRS2093MPBF cannot do.

I can only imagine what that meeting looked like when the engineering R&D group pitched it to the black suit in the meeting room. This is purely made for high high "volume" customers :D, Qualcomm is not in the business dealing with us small fry.

Denon PMA-60 use this chip.
I have full service manual.

thank you for the input, however, it is far not enough without internal registers description. As I see, the chip actually doesn't take FB from the output directly, only like a mix before/after output filter. I have tried Ti TPA3251 with similar "FB after LC", that chip shows about Ok THD at the resistor load but at the real speaker load THD drops to .05% anyway even at 1kHz + awful clipping.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.