Mono Class D Guitar Power Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

My next project (as an amateur "premade module connector") is a guitar power amplifer designed to take a signal from a preamp or a chain of pedals etc.

These are becoming ever more popular as more and more people are using modelling preamps etc to get their sound, and then just need a compact no frills power amp to power the speakers.

So, my idea is to connect one of these:

DC 24V Universal Regulated Switching Power Supply LED Strip for Printer CCTV | eBay

... to one of these:

60W TPA3118 Digital Amplifier Board AMP DC 10&24V Module PBTL Mono VVP ul | eBay

... and also use one of these:

Male Power Socket Fused Rocker Switch IEC320 C14 Inlet Useful #NP | eBay

Can anyone see any potential issues so far?

If not, my only question is how to add a passive volume control to the input of the amplifier (or to adjust the gain of the circuit?), so that there's some adjustment if the devices connected before it are too loud, and to give a "soft start" on powerup to avoid any unwanted bangs. I'll be mounting it all in an aluminium stomp box type enclosure.

I welcome your comments!

Cheers,

Jim

Should work ion principle, only doubt is that since it´s a "deaf" device power supply: Led lights, printers, etc. , DC out may be noisy.

Might be usable, for the price I´d buy one and try it, if it works, it works.

But I´d keep searching a little more and get one rated for Audio use.

I meant plainn old Audio, not "Audiophile" which is something completely different (as in 10X the price for no good reason).

If the cheap one works fine, please tell us here, you will help others.

You can testb everything before packaging, just connect everything on a table and try it.

Plase post a good close up picture of the power amp, the link shows nothing useful.

To be honest, I'm wondering if I should just skip the built-in PSU and go with a laptop adapter like all the other "power amp pedals" do. The enclosure will need to be bigger (more expensive) to house it so it may end up being more expensive than the competition just to build.

Do you think a piece of kit that has a proper built in PSU rather than using a wall wart is a real advantage?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.