HDMI to I2S for TAS3251

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello~

I need to convert HDMI to I2S signal provide to TAS3251.
Does anyone know what chip can be used?
I have found a board with this functions but I don’t know what chip to use.
Are there any compatibility issues with this board?

Attachments

• 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 476
Hello~

I need to convert HDMI to I2S signal provide to TAS3251.
Does anyone know what chip can be used?
I have found a board with this functions but I don’t know what chip to use.
Are there any compatibility issues with this board?

Hi knee266-San,

Here's part of my designing TAS6422 amplifier schematic.(Not evaluate yet)
I guess SOP device is DS90LV048ATM, and TSSOP device might be a 74LV541A or something like that...

Attachments

• スクリーンショット 2020-06-22 19.22.22.png
    スクリーンショット 2020-06-22 19.22.22.png
    74 KB · Views: 1,674
Hi CyberPit,

May I know, is there any limit on the use of this voltage level conversion?
ex: cannot connect to TV, NB or STB .......

knee266-San,
This board is designed for DAC/Audio-Players which has LVDS-I2S Output. This format specification is just De-fact standard and it's different from Authorized HDMI(Such as Official Video products). If you want to connect with your DVD player, you need to buy a HDMI Splitter which have S/PDIF output and S/PDIF receiver for I2S output.

USB-DAC with LVDS-I2S outut
TOPPING D70 Bluetooth LDAC 5.0 CSR8675 AK4497*2 USB DAC AK4118 Receiver XMOS XU208 DSD512 Native 32Bit/768kHz Hi Res audio|Digital-to-Analog Converter| - AliExpress

HDMI Splitter which has S/PDIF output
Compatible with HDMI 2.0 Audio Extractor 5.1 ARC HDMI Audio Extractor Splitter HDMI To Audio Extractor Optical TOSLINK SPDIF|converter software|converter headsetextractor pump - AliExpress

Last edited:
There are a few on aliexpress that will convert HDMI (normal) to I2S. Most are only 2 channel extractors and they require you to have your HDMI signals as LPCM in order for it to work. I was looking at a multichannel HDMI to I2S to send it to my computer for processing and bass management of my 5.2 channel setup.

Hi,
I am very interested in a HDMI-to-I2S Solution for Multichannel, top.

Thatswhy I looked for candidate Chips: my result: Chips from Lattice-Semi. E.g. The SIL9233A .
It offers 4 I2S lanes for max. 8 channels After the included DRM-Decoding. It is also widely available!

Altough it will exceed my skills, I think a DIY Integration should by feasable.

What are your thoughts in this?

Interesting device

I am very interested in this topic. Regarding audio only devices Lattice produces this one: SiI9437. It is compatible with eARC.

It would be great to have the full amount of channel in lossless quality. The component is cheap and seams to me easy to use, the fact is that the datasheed is under NDA and it is not available for download.

I did not find more information than the one provided by Lattice HDMI 2.1 eARC Transmitter/Receiver - Lattice Semiconductor.

Is there any chance that someone in this forum can obtain the datasheet?

I could develop one demoboard for this component :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.