Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Anyone with experience with Musysic amps?
Anyone with experience with Musysic amps?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th May 2020, 01:22 AM   #1
aceinc is offline aceinc  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Anyone with experience with Musysic amps?

This isn't DIY however it is Class D.

My Sherbourn 5/1500A is behaving oddly, and according to the tech at Emotiva it needs 5 new relays and capacitors replaced. This is evidently a known problem. It randomly sputters & cuts out on various channels. When bench testing I couldn't get it to fail. When using another amp (2 channel) in its place all the inputs & speakers worked fine. I use this amp for height channels in a 7.4.1 system.

I was pretty excited about building a pair of IcePower 200ASC/200AC amps with Ghent cases. Then I found this amp;

MUSYSIC Professional 4-Channels 2x9600 Watts D-Class 1U Power Amplifier MU-D9600 | eBay

If the specs can be believed (300 Watts x 4 at 8 ohms) and a price of $299 I couldn't build something or repair my Sherbourn for this price.

Has anyone had any experience with this device or this company?
Old 14th May 2020, 10:10 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I guess not...
Old 15th May 2020, 05:38 PM   #3
NMOS is offline NMOS  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinc View Post
This isn't DIY however it is Class D.

My Sherbourn 5/1500A is behaving oddly, and according to the tech at Emotiva it needs 5 new relays and capacitors replaced. This is evidently a known problem. It randomly sputters & cuts out on various channels. When bench testing I couldn't get it to fail. When using another amp (2 channel) in its place all the inputs & speakers worked fine. I use this amp for height channels in a 7.4.1 system.

I was pretty excited about building a pair of IcePower 200ASC/200AC amps with Ghent cases. Then I found this amp;

MUSYSIC Professional 4-Channels 2x9600 Watts D-Class 1U Power Amplifier MU-D9600 | eBay

If the specs can be believed (300 Watts x 4 at 8 ohms) and a price of $299 I couldn't build something or repair my Sherbourn for this price.

Has anyone had any experience with this device or this company?
Buy 1 pcs. and you will see,....

You have no choice to find better one for small money
if you not like pay for Powersoft.

but this amp is not for home use ! fans will be noisy
Old 15th May 2020, 06:27 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMOS View Post
Buy 1 pcs. and you will see,....

You have no choice to find better one for small money
if you not like pay for Powersoft.

but this amp is not for home use ! fans will be noisy
I have thought about buying one just to take apart take pictures of and share.

Unfortunately I do not have the technical expertise nor the equipment to properly test it.

If anyone lives in the S Florida, USA area and does have the expertise & equipment to test it (and the interest) I would be happy to buy it and we can put together a VLOG of the experience.
Old 15th May 2020, 09:01 PM   #5
NMOS is offline NMOS  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinc View Post
I have thought about buying one just to take apart take pictures of and share.

Unfortunately I do not have the technical expertise nor the equipment to properly test it.

If anyone lives in the S Florida, USA area and does have the expertise & equipment to test it (and the interest) I would be happy to buy it and we can put together a VLOG of the experience.

Im from German,

with Class D you can fall in BIG HOLES

if crcuit design is poor, you will have compressed digital sound

you will find a lot of rubbish in the market to make quick money

you get what you pay !
Old 15th May 2020, 09:40 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMOS View Post
Im from German,

with Class D you can fall in BIG HOLES

if crcuit design is poor, you will have compressed digital sound

you will find a lot of rubbish in the market to make quick money

you get what you pay !
Yes most often we get what we pay for. However sometimes that isn't true. For example the Magnepan LRS and MMG speakers are great values. Building a stereo amplifier using some of the ICEPower components can be great values as well.

On the other side of things you can pay thousand$ for a power cord which in my opinion does not provide any audible benefit over one that costs $10-$20 dollars.

Anyone with experience with Musysic amps?Hide this!Advertise here!