|Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion|
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
|23rd April 2020, 10:11 AM||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2018
Help pls: DLCP+NC122MP+DLCP SMPS: Standby and eliminating powering down pop
Hi everyone, I would like support from this forum regarding this. This is my very first DIY build and I have very basic electronics / electrical engineering knowledge which includes limited exposure to associated terminology.
The setup is as follows:
2. DLCP SMPS
3. 3 units of NC122MP
1. To eliminate popping sound from speakers when switching off power mains. NC122MP and DLCP SMPS currently connected to a single power bus.
2. Putting DLCP on standby and thereby placing all NC122MP on standby.
What's missing for an easy solution:
1. I do not have and do not intend to get the DLCP controller board and the remote.
What's been done and thoughts so far:
1. emailed Hypex - Quote
"The standby state of the supply (and thus the DLCP) can only be controlled via the button on the control board. If you don’t have one, the only way is to disconnect the Supply standby pin from the DCLP (and possibly the standby voltage, too) and control it externally.
Also note that the NCxxxMP range is not compatible with the DLCP. The PS_enable pin works exactly opposite of the Supply standby pin. So you’ll be needing some external circuitry to make this work anyway."
2. Making sense of datasheets. I understand that the logic states for amp enable / amp mute between the DLCP and NC122MP is not compatible.
- Do I need to create a logic inverter to make standby work?
- Should i just use a mechanical switch between pins NC122MP J6.3 - J6.9 to deactivate PS enable. How would this same switch tie in to the DLCP to place DLCP in standby?
- Can the DLCP be the main point of standby control for all the amps?
3. Eliminating pop
- Would activating standby modes automatically eliminate the pop on power down?
- Does the amp need to be muted first before power down?
- Can the amp enable pin on the DLCP J10-15 pin 3 be made to work with the NC122MP?
I may be thinking about this totally the wrong way with the wrong lens.
Any advise appreciated and thanks to all in advance.
Last edited by Fai; 27th April 2020 at 04:03 AM.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Can DLCP put Hypex UCD180 in standby?||Big Cheese||Class D||16||15th July 2019 08:46 PM|
|Hypex DLCP - standby mode||georgeus||Digital Line Level||1||25th February 2019 10:13 PM|
|DLCP and UCD 180/400||emptyroomsystems||Class D||3||25th March 2017 08:17 PM|
|FS: Sitronik Amps, Hypex DLCP, Thel Power Supplys||Guitarfreak||Swap Meet||5||12th February 2015 02:53 AM|
|DLCP Opinions please||nannoo||Digital Line Level||3||20th January 2015 03:16 PM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|