Support: DLCP NCXXXMP DLCP SMPS standby and eliminating power up / down pop

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Help pls: DLCP+NC122MP+DLCP SMPS: Standby and eliminating powering down pop

Hi everyone, I would like support from this forum regarding this. This is my very first DIY build and I have very basic electronics / electrical engineering knowledge which includes limited exposure to associated terminology.

The setup is as follows:
1. DLCP
2. DLCP SMPS
3. 3 units of NC122MP

Objective:
1. To eliminate popping sound from speakers when switching off power mains. NC122MP and DLCP SMPS currently connected to a single power bus.

2. Putting DLCP on standby and thereby placing all NC122MP on standby.

What's missing for an easy solution:
1. I do not have and do not intend to get the DLCP controller board and the remote.

What's been done and thoughts so far:
1. emailed Hypex - Quote

"The standby state of the supply (and thus the DLCP) can only be controlled via the button on the control board. If you don’t have one, the only way is to disconnect the Supply standby pin from the DCLP (and possibly the standby voltage, too) and control it externally.

Also note that the NCxxxMP range is not compatible with the DLCP. The PS_enable pin works exactly opposite of the Supply standby pin. So you’ll be needing some external circuitry to make this work anyway."

2. Making sense of datasheets. I understand that the logic states for amp enable / amp mute between the DLCP and NC122MP is not compatible.

Thoughts:
- Do I need to create a logic inverter to make standby work?
- Should i just use a mechanical switch between pins NC122MP J6.3 - J6.9 to deactivate PS enable. How would this same switch tie in to the DLCP to place DLCP in standby?
- Can the DLCP be the main point of standby control for all the amps?

3. Eliminating pop
- Would activating standby modes automatically eliminate the pop on power down?
- Does the amp need to be muted first before power down?
- Can the amp enable pin on the DLCP J10-15 pin 3 be made to work with the NC122MP?

I may be thinking about this totally the wrong way with the wrong lens.

Any advise appreciated and thanks to all in advance.

Best regards
Fai

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.