Hifimediy T4 Jantzen temperature

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Today I have put together an amp with the Hifimediy T4 Jantzen board that was laying around for ages. I have made a linear PSU for it that runs on about 44 volts.

After let it run for a while and listen to music on a low volume level I noticed that the heatsink on the pcb is getting hot. Almost beyond touch temperature.
The sound is just fine (okay, okay my other amps are Nelson Pass class A amps lol). My speakers are IMF TLS50's

Is the high temperature of the heatsink normal or could there be something wrong?

From the specifications - Site
This amp is similar to T1, but uses the high power sta516 output stage chip to generate 2 x 180W @ 8 ohm. The T4 has two channels and is suitable for 8 ohm loads. It can drive 4 ohm, but with around 90W power output. For 4 ohm loads we recommend the T2/T3S amp instead.
If using 4 ohm speakers recommened PSU is AC28V-0-28V or single DC 39V.

Your speakers are with 4 ohm impedance, right?
Put some little fan for active cooling of the heatsink.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.