Rotary track selector for TDA7498

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone, as the title suggests.I'm looking for a solution for use a rotary selector to switch songs in the mp3 player integrated in the amplifier.
It is a cheap tda7498 based amp which include a bluetooth receiver, aux input and TF card input.
My main need is to use the sd card input and change songs using a rotary selector, when I turn it clockwise next track and when I turn it anticlockwise previous track.
I have 3 pins to do that, which also increase the volume with a long impulse.
What component can I use to do the trick if it is possible?
I searched the threads but I didn't find anything useful.
Thanks

With 360°, how will you achieve a 'long impulse' for volume control?

Not interested in the volume control, there is another potentiometer for that.

I was also looking at the encoders, but I'm a complete noob in that field.
Thanks for your replies and sorry for bad english
Anyway, this is the board.

Attachments

• -2641852781636789168.jpg
    -2641852781636789168.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 78
That's a XH A105 board, as can be bought here:

XH A105 Bluetooth 5.0 TDA7498 carte amplificateur numerique 2x100W Module d'ampli Audio stereo prise en charge de la carte TF AUX-in Amplificateur from Electronique on AliExpress

A rotary encoder will not achieve what you want without some additional electronics. However, the switch I indicated will give exactly the functionality you require.

Exactly, thanks a lot.
If I wanted to assign a defined track to every position using a differen switch (like 12 ways) should I use a board like this?

https://m.it.aliexpress.com/item/32969182876.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail
Thanks again.

Not interested in the volume control, there is another potentiometer for that.

I was also looking at the encoders, but I'm a complete noob in that field.
Thanks for your replies and sorry for bad english
Anyway, this is the board.

That board has a controller chip on it, that controls everything and isn't programmable as far as I can tell, no ICSP header, it may be an ASIC anyway.

I can see the SD card socket, but there's no indication how you'd change tracks on it anyhow - the only expansion connections seem to be for external volume adjust.

Is there a way to change tracks on the SD card currently - for instance the volume control may have push-button action.

That board has a controller chip on it, that controls everything and isn't programmable as far as I can tell, no ICSP header, it may be an ASIC anyway.

I can see the SD card socket, but there's no indication how you'd change tracks on it anyhow - the only expansion connections seem to be for external volume adjust.

Is there a way to change tracks on the SD card currently - for instance the volume control may have push-button action.

You can change track with this contacts, long pressure for volume. I'm looking for a 360 rotary switch to do the trick

Attachments

• InkedHTB1ek9IeRCw3KVjSZFuq6AAOpXav_LI.jpg
    InkedHTB1ek9IeRCw3KVjSZFuq6AAOpXav_LI.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 44
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.