TDA8932 vs TPA3118 for mono 12v operation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For a very simple portable bluetooth mono speaker / amp project, any opinions on which board performs with better with a 12 volt power supply (I'm looking at a very simple setup with either a sanwu TDA8932 or TPA3118 mono pbtl board as options)? I've read enough of the respective monster threads to leave me on the fence.

Thanks

For a very simple portable bluetooth mono speaker / amp project, any opinions on which board performs with better with a 12 volt power supply (I'm looking at a very simple setup with either a sanwu TDA8932 or TPA3118 mono pbtl board as options)? I've read enough of the respective monster threads to leave me on the fence.

Thanks

The minimum supply voltage for TDA8932 is 10V, for TPA3118 4.5V. The TDA8932 board is stereo, the TPA3118 PBTL mono. You need mono. With some supply voltage swing, you may have under-voltage problems with TDA8932, not with the TPA3118.
Sound quality wise, the TDA8932 has potentials above the TPA3118 but you are not going to use that potential anyway.
For your project, I would use the TPA3118 PBTL board.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.