Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Brainstorming Purifi 1et400a amps
Brainstorming Purifi 1et400a amps
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th January 2020, 06:59 PM   #111
Oneminde is offline Oneminde  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the info so far. Great stuff.
Old 15th January 2020, 07:03 PM   #112
mocenigo is offline mocenigo  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maty tinman View Post
Yes, Alexandar has two versions, one with a broader board and a slimmer but longer board with space for a little trafo. I asked him to assemble the regulator on the slimmer board and cut away (!!!) the part for the transformer, adding screw terminals instead. So I will get a nice 70 x 90 board that will sit next to the 60 x 90 board for the 0.56uV Ultralow noise DAC power supply regulator.

And early next week the universal buffer will be shipped!
Old 15th January 2020, 07:16 PM   #113
maty tinman is offline maty tinman  Spain
diyAudio Member

I have known for a long time that it is best to avoid everything that uses Hypex SMPS...
Old 15th January 2020, 07:17 PM   #114
diyAudio Member

Great stuff. I will follow the thread as per usual since I can't move on a purchase just yet.
Old 15th January 2020, 07:18 PM   #115
diyAudio Member

About Connex SMPS:

-> Review and Measurements of Neurochrome Modulus-286 Amp | Page 2 | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum

-> Review and Measurements of Neurochrome Modulus-286 Amp | Page 2 | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum

Last edited by maty tinman; 15th January 2020 at 07:21 PM.
Old 15th January 2020, 07:26 PM   #116
cab is offline cab
diyAudio Member

According to Bruno, the quality of the power supply is not critical.
Old 15th January 2020, 07:30 PM   #117
diyAudio Member

Not critical to... the amp module (1ET400A: PSRR > 90 dB, very good).
Old 15th January 2020, 07:39 PM   #118
diyAudio Member

I disagree on the not critical part. I've heard amps where the PSU noise is definitely an issue. Its not a brand or audiophile related statement, more that if the amplification stage is quieter than the PUS noise, then it is audible.
Old 15th January 2020, 08:23 PM   #119
barrows is offline barrows
diyAudio Member

I must say I do not understand all the interest in the Neurochrome buffer board for Purifi projects? What makes anyone think the Neurochrome would offer any advantage over Purifi's eval buffer board? The Neurochrome is just another IC based design. Are you at all aware of the performance of the 1612 OPA for example, it is no slouch!
If we are looking for alternatives for an input gain stage, I would hope that some enterprising DIYaudio member who is adept at discrete circuit development might design a discrete alternative specifically for the Purifi amp modules, this could be a great project, and a really good discrete circuit has the potential to outperform IC based designs if a clever and talented individual designs it. could probably be a decent commercial project as well as it is pretty clear there is going to be a demand for alternative buffers for the Purifi modules.
Old 15th January 2020, 08:32 PM   #120
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrows View Post
gain stage, I would hope that some enterprising DIYaudio member who is adept at discrete circuit development might design a discrete alternative specifically for the Purifi amp modules, this could be a great project, and a really good discrete circuit has the potential to outperform IC based designs if a clever and talented individual designs it. could probably be a decent commercial project as well as it is pretty clear there is going to be a demand for alternative buffers for the Purifi modules.
If it qualify as buffer (fully discrete) - this is the Pass Labs Universal Gain Stage, generation 4. If it does not fit the job or qualify as a buffer, then I apologizes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The heart and soul.jpg (469.0 KB, 304 views)

Brainstorming Purifi 1et400a ampsHide this!Advertise here!