Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

XH-M548 / TPA3116D2 - remove bluetooth connect sound.
XH-M548 / TPA3116D2 - remove bluetooth connect sound.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th November 2019, 02:55 PM   #1
KILLUMIDEN is offline KILLUMIDEN  Norway
diyAudio Member

Default XH-M548 / TPA3116D2 - remove bluetooth connect sound.

Greetings!

I recently got this amp to use with a couple of 50W-ish full range drivers to make a bluetooth boombox.
The amp delivers more than enough power to these, and sounds good for what it is, if you leave the hiss out of the picture. (I might mod this amp as others have to remove the hiss as well)

But, the sounds on power on, bt connect, disconnect and button press is horrible, and I want that to be gone. - How can I do that?

I have tried to search around the forum, only to find others wanting the same.
Old 20th November 2019, 03:09 PM   #2
Max Headroom is offline Max Headroom  Australia
Banned

Location: West Australia, near to the beach, natural ambient sounds mostly.
I have seen the announcements as a burn in option at chip level on BT processor data sheets......BT usually comes as a sub module that may have announce select/mute hardwiring options, it's possible but i don't know of any.
I agree hearing "brootooth hasss konnected sukkksssesssfully" in accent is a pain, sometimes it makes me laugh but it is always far too loud.

Dan.

Last edited by Max Headroom; 20th November 2019 at 03:39 PM.
Old 20th November 2019, 03:23 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
I have seen the announcements as a burn in option at chip level on BT processor data sheets......BT usually comes as a sub module that may have announce select/mute hardwiring options, it's possible but i don't know of any.
I agree hearing "blootooth has konnected sukkksssesssfully" in accent is a pain, sometimes it makes me laugh but it is always far too loud.

Dan.
Haha, at least I donīt have that sound, I only have beeps. The amp came with full volume out of the box, so I peed a little when powering on, haha..
Old 20th November 2019, 07:09 PM   #4
FauxFrench is online now FauxFrench  France
diyAudio Member

I guess you have a combined amplifier+BT board? Such combined boards have all kind of annoying connect/disconnect sounds. I have two as well (TPA3110) and I only appreciate one thing about the BT functionality - the boards were dirt cheap and play anyway.

Unless you find it a particular challenge and are willing to spend a lot of time trying to re-program the BT chip, realize it was a cheap mistake and buy another separate BT and separate amplifier combination. The TPA3116/18 is a fine chip for a BoomBox and you can find many suitable BT-boards or units at a moderate price as well.
Old 20th November 2019, 07:34 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxFrench View Post
I guess you have a combined amplifier+BT board? Such combined boards have all kind of annoying connect/disconnect sounds. I have two as well (TPA3110) and I only appreciate one thing about the BT functionality - the boards were dirt cheap and play anyway.

Unless you find it a particular challenge and are willing to spend a lot of time trying to re-program the BT chip, realize it was a cheap mistake and buy another separate BT and separate amplifier combination. The TPA3116/18 is a fine chip for a BoomBox and you can find many suitable BT-boards or units at a moderate price as well.
That is correct! It has the CSR8635 soldered on to it. As far as I can tell, it has some solderingpoints from the BT to the amp-board that is not used for anything, I am guessing that is where you could program it from.
I have some other 5x5w amps that I have tried to program via Arduino Uno and usb, but that didnīt seem to work.

I kinda would like to find out how I could do that, because I might build other in the future, also want to be able to reprogram the device name.
Old 21st November 2019, 07:56 AM   #6
FauxFrench is online now FauxFrench  France
diyAudio Member

If it is about re-programming a BT chip, I guess you get the best help in the forum "Digital Source". I have seen some discussions on how to re-program cheap BT chips of Chineese origin.
Old 21st November 2019, 08:42 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxFrench View Post
If it is about re-programming a BT chip, I guess you get the best help in the forum "Digital Source". I have seen some discussions on how to re-program cheap BT chips of Chineese origin.
Ah, nice, thanks, Iīll check that out!

XH-M548 / TPA3116D2 - remove bluetooth connect sound.Hide this!Advertise here!