XH-M548 / TPA3116D2 - remove bluetooth connect sound.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings!

I recently got this amp to use with a couple of 50W-ish full range drivers to make a bluetooth boombox.
The amp delivers more than enough power to these, and sounds good for what it is, if you leave the hiss out of the picture. (I might mod this amp as others have to remove the hiss as well)

But, the sounds on power on, bt connect, disconnect and button press is horrible, and I want that to be gone. - How can I do that?

I have tried to search around the forum, only to find others wanting the same.

I have seen the announcements as a burn in option at chip level on BT processor data sheets......BT usually comes as a sub module that may have announce select/mute hardwiring options, it's possible but i don't know of any.
I agree hearing "brootooth hasss konnected sukkksssesssfully" in accent is a pain, sometimes it makes me laugh but it is always far too loud.

Dan.

Last edited:
I have seen the announcements as a burn in option at chip level on BT processor data sheets......BT usually comes as a sub module that may have announce select/mute hardwiring options, it's possible but i don't know of any.
I agree hearing "blootooth has konnected sukkksssesssfully" in accent is a pain, sometimes it makes me laugh but it is always far too loud.

Dan.

Haha, at least I don´t have that sound, I only have beeps. The amp came with full volume out of the box, so I peed a little when powering on, haha..

I guess you have a combined amplifier+BT board? Such combined boards have all kind of annoying connect/disconnect sounds. I have two as well (TPA3110) and I only appreciate one thing about the BT functionality - the boards were dirt cheap and play anyway.

Unless you find it a particular challenge and are willing to spend a lot of time trying to re-program the BT chip, realize it was a cheap mistake and buy another separate BT and separate amplifier combination. The TPA3116/18 is a fine chip for a BoomBox and you can find many suitable BT-boards or units at a moderate price as well.

I guess you have a combined amplifier+BT board? Such combined boards have all kind of annoying connect/disconnect sounds. I have two as well (TPA3110) and I only appreciate one thing about the BT functionality - the boards were dirt cheap and play anyway.

Unless you find it a particular challenge and are willing to spend a lot of time trying to re-program the BT chip, realize it was a cheap mistake and buy another separate BT and separate amplifier combination. The TPA3116/18 is a fine chip for a BoomBox and you can find many suitable BT-boards or units at a moderate price as well.

That is correct! It has the CSR8635 soldered on to it. As far as I can tell, it has some solderingpoints from the BT to the amp-board that is not used for anything, I am guessing that is where you could program it from.
I have some other 5x5w amps that I have tried to program via Arduino Uno and usb, but that didn´t seem to work.

I kinda would like to find out how I could do that, because I might build other in the future, also want to be able to reprogram the device name.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.