Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

10 Icepower modules in a single amp enclosure
10 Icepower modules in a single amp enclosure
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th November 2019, 09:56 PM   #11
ellisr63 is offline ellisr63  Mexico
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds23man View Post
10 amp modules with a 100db loudspeakersystem?
Front 3 channels are biamped (k402 horns with EV DH1a drivers, and a pair of 15" woofers...might even try 4 woofers for each channel), the 4 surrounds are over 90db, and do not get driven as hard as fronts do. In my last HT the Yamaha pro amps light would flash, and that indicated a about 1 watt. Normal music, or even most movies used hardly any power. I did I did hit 125db once just to see how it sounded at the MLP 12'from the speakers for a short period of time.
Old 11th November 2019, 07:12 AM   #12
Turbowatch2 is offline Turbowatch2  Germany
diyAudio Member

Read the manual, it tells you what to do. It is better not to solder at the ICE modules, everything is plugged and the plugs are crimped.
So you do not need anyone who can solder, but someone who can read...
Old 11th November 2019, 01:41 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Thank you, we are not soldering to the board, but to all the XLRs, and speakon connectors. My friend is also doing the machine work on the case for me.
Old 11th November 2019, 08:40 PM   #14
Juhazi is offline Juhazi  Finland
diyAudio Member

Excuse me, but wouldn't it be much easier to have at least two boxes, one for L/R?

ICEpower modules don't make much heat unless they get driven close to max W, normal use is same temp as idle. I keep my boxes powered practically 24/7, now for 5 years without problems.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ice125_50 .jpg (278.1 KB, 26 views)
Old 12th November 2019, 01:20 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juhazi View Post
Excuse me, but wouldn't it be much easier to have at least two boxes, one for L/R?

ICEpower modules don't make much heat unless they get driven close to max W, normal use is same temp as idle. I keep my boxes powered practically 24/7, now for 5 years without problems.
Th a is for responding.
In Mexico electricity is in tiers, and if you go over they hit you with a penalty for 6 months, so I want to only turn on the channels I will reusing. I have a big KRELL KSA Chinese copy case I am using th a than easily hold all 19 boards by laying them flat on the bottom, and then 2 boards on each heat sink...plenty of airspace, and if I vent the top more it should be running cool. I will check the temps when I get the amp up and running. O ce I have them up I will also check power consumption... I fully believe the total power consumption will not be much, but just in case I am doing or it this way.
I purchased the Krell copy because I liked the way it looked, and will most likely buy another one for 6 Auro 3d channels at a later time, and sell my Yamaha pro amps...strictly cosmetics, and the 2nd box will not be running balanced, so only 3 modules will be needed.

10 Icepower modules in a single amp enclosureHide this!Advertise here!