Opinions on the insides of these Chinese power amps?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking at taking a punt on some efficient class D Chinese power amps. Canvassing through alibaba there seem to be 2 popular designs:

There's these 1U models with PFC, here's an XBS example:
Sinbosen 2 ohm stable 3600 watts 2CH class d digital high power amplifier H1700 | Sinbosen

And then theres a 2U models (also 30% cheaper):
class D power amplifier D215 (2x1500w amplifier), View class D amplifier, gisen audio, oem Product Details from Guangzhou Gisen Audio Equipment Factory on Alibaba.com

Looking for an efficient amplifier that can handle continuous sinewaves on 4 ohm load on sealed subwoofers, if I were to take a punt on these, should I just take one with the biggest transformer and heatsink?

Looking at taking a punt on some efficient class D Chinese power amps. Canvassing through alibaba there seem to be 2 popular designs:

There's these 1U models with PFC, here's an XBS example:
Sinbosen 2 ohm stable 3600 watts 2CH class d digital high power amplifier H1700 | Sinbosen

And then theres a 2U models (also 30% cheaper):
class D power amplifier D215 (2x1500w amplifier), View class D amplifier, gisen audio, oem Product Details from Guangzhou Gisen Audio Equipment Factory on Alibaba.com

Looking for an efficient amplifier that can handle continuous sinewaves on 4 ohm load on sealed subwoofers, if I were to take a punt on these, should I just take one with the biggest transformer and heatsink?

ModelH1700
2Ω Output power2x3600W
4Ω Output power2x2800W
8Ω Output power2x1700W
8Ω Bridge power5600W
4Ω Bridge power7200W

Its FAKE output power,

look attachment picture output filter - This is real
class D Amp Fullbridge 3000 - 4000 W RMS 4 Ohm working in lifeperformace

and look output Filter look from sinbosen its look like toys ....1500W can be possibile

Fullbridge you can get with Class D about 1500 - 2000W 8 OHM RMS

and 3000 - 4000 W 4 OHM RMS = 7000 - 10000 W Marketing peak Power

burst mode this are the limits.

Class D need 270 - 320 KHZ switching Frequency for class AB Sound Quality

At about 120 - 130 V DC is finished with Class D also with Fullbridge.

Some manufacturer have Class D design with low Switching Frequency you get will high output power with poor compressed sound

Good designed Class AB / H / TD amp will kick quickly
poor sounding class D amp in Trash

It will sound terrible and you will hear it in life performance

Attachments

• UcD_Fulbridge 3000W RMS.jpg
    UcD_Fulbridge 3000W RMS.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 328
sinbosen states in it´s technical data 100V/at 1% distortion. So you can expect about 1200 W at 4 ohms´ at best.
The other amp is ridiculous, maybe real 250 watt. Look at the cap´s, they store the energy for peaks. The round black can´s.
sinbosen has quite some, the other? The output power is always told with a little lie, but some tell big ones.
If you tell us the price, we can estimate whether it is reasonable or a rip off.

I fear you will get something better if you buy in your country.

NMOS said:
Its FAKE output power
Yes I know, but even if the real output is half I think these are still good.

Class D need 270 - 320 KHZ switching Frequency for class AB Sound Quality
Can one know if an amplifier is using this frequency just by observing the inside?

Turbowatch2 said:
Look at the cap´s, they store the energy for peaks. The round black can´s.

Yes I see they have only a few caps.

But if you look at the inside of the popular inuke 6000, it has only 8 caps? https://i.ytimg.com/vi/f8Ts29JyGiw/maxresdefault.jpg

They have been tested to deliver 1.2kw continuous, much more at music.
Behringer inuke NU6000 vs KAM KXD7200 bench tested - Speakerplans.com Forums - Page 1

I fear you will get something better if you buy in your country.

Should I just get the inuke 6000 then? They are about the same price as the D215, while the Sinbosen H1700 is 20-30% more expensive.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.