Are there powerful TDA7498E amps without audible hiss?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Are there powerful class-D amps without audible noise?

I want an affordable powerful class-D amp without audible noise.

Because I'm going to listen in front of a desk, reducing noise is important.

I looked into TDA7498E because it is powerful.
But, it seems to be affected by noise issue.
Reportedly, some TDA7498E amps produce hiss at 13~14khz which many humans may not be able to hear.

Do you know any affordable powerful class-D amp without audible noise?

Last edited:
I hear no such noise but I have an age where higher frequencies may be a problem to hear. My dog refuses to comment on such uninteresting issues when we could spend time playing with the ball instead.
Could someone eventually check with a microphone and an oscilloscope?

If it is a harmonic of the switching frequency, bearing in mine the maximum noise figure is 400uV at full power which is not audible, simply improve the filter to the loudspeakers. Move the frequency and the harmonics will no longer be there.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-09-28 at 09.41.05.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-28 at 09.41.05.png
    227.4 KB · Views: 224
I want an affordable powerful class-D amp without audible noise.

Because I'm going to listen in front of a desk, reducing noise is important.

I looked into TDA7498E because it is powerful.
But, it seems to be affected by noise issue.
Reportedly, some TDA7498E amps produce hiss at 13~14khz which many humans may not be able to hear.

Do you know any affordable powerful class-D amp without audible noise?
Think it depends on your speakers, if they are full blown horn loaded + 100db you might hear a faint hiss in tweeter

TDA7498E user

At stock it sort of get's a little intrusive in the highs at high volume (loud)

Sound like my amp is enhanced in the highs and lows, using a 24v,6a power adapter,supply and have read in a big class d thread that the amp starts to get less bright when using a bigger power adapter,power supply, let's just say 36v to keep it simple (max my amp normally can handle) and 19 volt stock or minimum you should use for good sound and power

Mabye the gain is a bit high an overloads, so i used my rothwell 10db attenuators, now the highs sound better and i can use all of the range of the volume before it's loud, some songs are not played at max volume even when i have the volumeknob at max.

I don't here any distortion unless i play really loud without using the attenuators and it's not because im trying to exceed my amps limited

I've used TPA3251 and TPA3255 amplifiers. The chinese TPA3251 amplifier was configured with high input gain, so it was difficult to control volume. The chinese TPA3255 amplifier was configured with low input gain, so I could control volume with ease.

TPA3251 and TPA3255 are fine if they are configured with low input gain.

I'm looking forward to allo's TPA3255 amplifier which will be released next year.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.