summing two single ended inputs from DACs to TPA2011D1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks, new member here :)

I'm somewhat Dysnumeric which makes electronics hard going at times but my passion for the subject is enough to keep me going until I get things right, though there are times when I have to seek assistance.

In this case, I am very near the and of a rather long road designing myself an fx system for my other hobby, which is making custom lightsabers. Though to date, they have been nothing more than torches with delusions of grandeur, which is what I'm hoping the fx system will rectify.

Despite my best efforts, I just can't code for toffee, so my mission has been to design an equivalent using analogue circuits alone, while trying to make it as feature rich as I could.

The system utilises two audio playback modules called the WT588D, which sport DAC outputs and I want to hook the outputs up to a TPA2011D1 but I am finding the information in the datasheet hard to understand, so I could use a little help with working out the values required for summing them as two single ended inputs, as per the example diagram from the datasheet shows below:

This is my first amplifier build as I normally use little DIY amp modules but the ones I really liked have been discontinued, so I'm going all in and attempting to integrate an amp into the system.

I've posted a pic of my schematic below but resizing it seems to have effected the quality a fair bit despite my efforts to clean it up, so I've also posted a link to download a high res PDF of it from my dropbox. It's only A4 but the file was too large to attach in the usual manner, though I did manage to attach the datasheet for the TPA2011D1.

jefbvtcb.jpg

Schematic PDF:
Dropbox - Link not found

Attachments

• TPA2011D1 3.2-W Mono Filter-Free Class-D Audio.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
Rp should be minimum 15K (section 7.3 of the DataSheet (DS)). We use 18K.
RI1 and RI2 should in parallel have the same value as Rp. Thus RI1=RI2=36K.
CI1 and CI2 should be designed for a lower cut-off frequency around 5Hz together with each 36K resistor. 1uF gives a cut-off frequency of 4.4Hz. Hence, CI1=CI2=1uF.
That was it?

Good luck with the project!

Nesscliffe, a quiet part of England.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.