Car Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I upgraded the sound system in my vehicle. Though the system sounds good, I've had it with the fan noise. The amplifiers have built in tiny fans that aren't temp controlled and the high frequency whine destroys any enjoyment I get from the otherwise good sound. So I'm thinking of replacing them.

I'll need 6 amplifiers in the 100W range and one in the 400W range (subwoofer).

I've heard good things about the Hypex amplifiers so I've been looking at them. The Ncore looks to be too expensive for my project though. I'm leaning towards the Ucd180HG HxR modules for the 6 lower output channels and one Ucd400HG HxR. They have some features I like -
Low profile which will fit where I'm putting them
Pop free start stop
HxR regulator which may be advisable in a vehicle.

Thoughts? Would the OEM Hypex modules be a better choice for this application? Perhaps other D Class modules?

FYI - for a PS I'm looking at this: 1500W 50A DC Boost Converter Step-up Power Supply Module IN 10.5-60V OUT 15-70V | eBay

I'm open to suggestions there also.

I upgraded the sound system in my vehicle. Though the system sounds good, I've had it with the fan noise. The amplifiers have built in tiny fans that aren't temp controlled and the high frequency whine destroys any enjoyment I get from the otherwise good sound. So I'm thinking of replacing them.

I'll need 6 amplifiers in the 100W range and one in the 400W range (subwoofer).

I've heard good things about the Hypex amplifiers so I've been looking at them. The Ncore looks to be too expensive for my project though. I'm leaning towards the Ucd180HG HxR modules for the 6 lower output channels and one Ucd400HG HxR. They have some features I like -

Low profile which will fit where I'm putting them

Pop free start stop

HxR regulator which may be advisable in a vehicle.

Thoughts? Would the OEM Hypex modules be a better choice for this application? Perhaps other D Class modules?

FYI - for a PS I'm looking at this: 1500W 50A DC Boost Converter Step-up Power Supply Module IN 10.5-60V OUT 15-70V | eBay

I'm open to suggestions there also.

Hypex modules required dual voltage PSU. I made UCD 180 based amplifiers before. Still have 2 power supplies for them. If interested send me PM.

Yes. please post them up. Physical size is good also.
2 channels are rear fill thus would never be driven hard.

I've been doing a little more research and the UCD180HG HxR and the 400W version are looking very good. The IcePower250A looks good too, but the Hypex seems to be better focused for a DIY.

IMG_0232.jpg 2 UCD 180 car amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.