Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Small heatsinks on Tpa3116d2
Small heatsinks on Tpa3116d2
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2019, 01:56 PM   #21
digitaled is offline digitaled
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Thanks for the reply and suggestion and while I was trying to figure out how to do that.

There is something funny that happened while I was meddling with the 12 volt power supply from the car cigarette charger it blew up the fuse and power stopped coming to the cigarette car charger and the amplifier.

So then I took the car to the mechanic to fix the fuse problem and after the fuse got fixed.

I don't know what it did but when I connected the amplifier again there was no distortion the sound was coming just fine. It is way better now as I don't hear that static sort of thing in the music.

I hope it stays same now

One last thing if anyone can advise on this aswell since the amp is used in car and the car turns on and turns off multiple times as you know the ignition thing.

Would that create any problem to the amplifier.
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2019, 02:14 PM   #22
FauxFrench is online now FauxFrench  France
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: The mountains, calm and quiet.
An amplifier does not mind you switching it on and off a number of times. If you have "blob"-noise during start-up or -off, you will hear it more times but that should be it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2019, 03:59 AM   #23
digitaled is offline digitaled
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Oh great. Thanks so much for clearing that doubt.

Also wanted to mention here that I am amazed with the power that this little amplifier has and that too running on 12 volt right now.

I think that if I plug 19 volt or 24 volt adaptor my car speakers would not be able to handle that as this really has a very strong sound.
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2019, 07:40 AM   #24
FauxFrench is online now FauxFrench  France
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: The mountains, calm and quiet.
I will refer to an old saying: "If it ain't broken, don't fix it." For now, as everything seems to work to your satisfaction, use it and enjoy it. One day the small devil inside most DIYs may show up and challenge you: "You could see how much more power you could get out of it with a boosted voltage, right?". Then, you can see if you give in to the temptation.
As I have said before, a large part of my life I had 2x6W in my car and I still feel fine.
A voltage booster can be put in but it will only give you a higher sound level if used at all, not a better sound is my inexperienced impression.
Enjoy!
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2019, 06:26 PM   #25
Think is offline Think  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Den Haag, Holland
Small heatsinks on Tpa3116d2
Great you got every working.
The car (mid/high) speakers are still trying to play bass; they will go louder and sound better if you add a simple high pass (~100-220uF capacitor) to them.

Higher voltage won't give very much more output and to be safe: check if all caps are 35V or higher rated before you use it at 24V.

Last edited by Think; 5th October 2019 at 06:29 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2019, 11:06 PM   #26
Think is offline Think  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Den Haag, Holland
Small heatsinks on Tpa3116d2
Car Audio - Speaker Crossover Chart and Capacitance vs. Frequency Calculator(High-pass)
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2019, 11:18 PM   #27
Turbowatch2 is offline Turbowatch2  Germany
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Northern germany
Please do not use this chart for anything more than a vague idea. The impedance of any dynamic speaker changes, basicaly rising to higher frequency. So the real dividing points are way off!
This might work for some kid of coarse electrical protection, but is not use able for any quality sound.
Those charts work with real, frequency independent resistors, something you find in OP-amp circuits. To extend them to a use with speakers is misleading non-sense.
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2019, 05:55 AM   #28
digitaled is offline digitaled
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxFrench View Post
I will refer to an old saying: "If it ain't broken, don't fix it." For now, as everything seems to work to your satisfaction, use it and enjoy it. One day the small devil inside most DIYs may show up and challenge you: "You could see how much more power you could get out of it with a boosted voltage, right?". Then, you can see if you give in to the temptation.
As I have said before, a large part of my life I had 2x6W in my car and I still feel fine.
A voltage booster can be put in but it will only give you a higher sound level if used at all, not a better sound is my inexperienced impression.
Enjoy!

Thanks so much 😊👍 🔊🔊



Quote:
Originally Posted by Think View Post
Great you got every working.
The car (mid/high) speakers are still trying to play bass; they will go louder and sound better if you add a simple high pass (~100-220uF capacitor) to them.

Higher voltage won't give very much more output and to be safe: check if all caps are 35V or higher rated before you use it at 24V.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbowatch2 View Post
Please do not use this chart for anything more than a vague idea. The impedance of any dynamic speaker changes, basicaly rising to higher frequency. So the real dividing points are way off!
This might work for some kid of coarse electrical protection, but is not use able for any quality sound.
Those charts work with real, frequency independent resistors, something you find in OP-amp circuits. To extend them to a use with speakers is misleading non-sense.


Thanks for the suggestion and although it looks tempting to do that however with the limited knowledge that I have I guess for right now I will leave it like this.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Small heatsinks on Tpa3116d2Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TPA3116D2 Amp mguntrum Class D 11242 Today 04:23 PM
Can someone in UK cut small heatsinks passive420 Parts 0 22nd March 2016 04:08 PM
Box of small heatsinks for sale (80 total) Chamberman Swap Meet 78 14th June 2012 05:35 AM
Intel CPU heatsinks as power output transistor heatsinks? deltavektor Solid State 4 29th November 2009 01:47 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:59 PM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.00%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2019 diyAudio
Wiki