Small heatsinks on Tpa3116d2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for the reply and suggestion and while I was trying to figure out how to do that.

There is something funny that happened while I was meddling with the 12 volt power supply from the car cigarette charger it blew up the fuse and power stopped coming to the cigarette car charger and the amplifier.

So then I took the car to the mechanic to fix the fuse problem and after the fuse got fixed.

I don't know what it did but when I connected the amplifier again there was no distortion the sound was coming just fine. It is way better now as I don't hear that static sort of thing in the music.

I hope it stays same now :)

One last thing if anyone can advise on this aswell since the amp is used in car and the car turns on and turns off multiple times as you know the ignition thing.

Would that create any problem to the amplifier.

Oh great. Thanks so much for clearing that doubt.

Also wanted to mention here that I am amazed with the power that this little amplifier has and that too running on 12 volt right now.

I think that if I plug 19 volt or 24 volt adaptor my car speakers would not be able to handle that as this really has a very strong sound.

I will refer to an old saying: "If it ain't broken, don't fix it." For now, as everything seems to work to your satisfaction, use it and enjoy it. One day the small devil inside most DIYs may show up and challenge you: "You could see how much more power you could get out of it with a boosted voltage, right?". Then, you can see if you give in to the temptation.
As I have said before, a large part of my life I had 2x6W in my car and I still feel fine.
A voltage booster can be put in but it will only give you a higher sound level if used at all, not a better sound is my inexperienced impression.
Enjoy!

Great you got every working.
The car (mid/high) speakers are still trying to play bass; they will go louder and sound better if you add a simple high pass (~100-220uF capacitor) to them.

Higher voltage won't give very much more output and to be safe: check if all caps are 35V or higher rated before you use it at 24V.

Last edited:
Please do not use this chart for anything more than a vague idea. The impedance of any dynamic speaker changes, basicaly rising to higher frequency. So the real dividing points are way off!
This might work for some kid of coarse electrical protection, but is not use able for any quality sound.
Those charts work with real, frequency independent resistors, something you find in OP-amp circuits. To extend them to a use with speakers is misleading non-sense.

I will refer to an old saying: "If it ain't broken, don't fix it." For now, as everything seems to work to your satisfaction, use it and enjoy it. One day the small devil inside most DIYs may show up and challenge you: "You could see how much more power you could get out of it with a boosted voltage, right?". Then, you can see if you give in to the temptation.
As I have said before, a large part of my life I had 2x6W in my car and I still feel fine.
A voltage booster can be put in but it will only give you a higher sound level if used at all, not a better sound is my inexperienced impression.
Enjoy!

Thanks so much 😊👍 🔊🔊

Great you got every working.
The car (mid/high) speakers are still trying to play bass; they will go louder and sound better if you add a simple high pass (~100-220uF capacitor) to them.

Higher voltage won't give very much more output and to be safe: check if all caps are 35V or higher rated before you use it at 24V.

Please do not use this chart for anything more than a vague idea. The impedance of any dynamic speaker changes, basicaly rising to higher frequency. So the real dividing points are way off!
This might work for some kid of coarse electrical protection, but is not use able for any quality sound.
Those charts work with real, frequency independent resistors, something you find in OP-amp circuits. To extend them to a use with speakers is misleading non-sense.

Thanks for the suggestion and although it looks tempting to do that however with the limited knowledge that I have I guess for right now I will leave it like this.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.