Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Configuration of a CSR8635 Modul with FTDI Chip
Configuration of a CSR8635 Modul with FTDI Chip
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th September 2019, 12:51 PM   #1
Franky12 is offline Franky12
diyAudio Member

Default Configuration of a CSR8635 Modul with FTDI Chip

Hi,

first of all I'm new here so please be kind

I've been working with a lot of Class-D amps with integrated CSR bluetooth modules. I always wanted to get rid of the annoying tones and to change the name of my modules.

So I started my research and ended up that there are two ways to reprogram the modules. Buying a CSR USB-SPI Programmer or using a cheap FTDI-USB converter.

As I don't want to wait for the CSR programmer to arrive from China and I have some FTDI converters in my box i went for the second method.

I did everything according to that github site and was able to change the name of my module with the PSTool.

GitHub - lorf/csr-spi-ftdi: USB SPI programmer/debugger for CSR BlueCore bluetooth chips, based on FTDI USB to UART converter, for Linux and Windows

To change the tones i found this site Change Bluetooth Audio Amplifier Name or Audio Tone
They use the Configuration Tool to do so, but it's not working for me. When I click on Open From Device I get an error saying that is unable to read the device.

Do I have to change something else? I only have the SPI wires connected not the UART. As I was able to change the name I conclude that the SPI connection is working correctly.

I am working on Windows 10 64 bit. Usually I am working with Linux but I wasn't able to get it running with Wine.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot

Configuration of a CSR8635 Modul with FTDI ChipHide this!Advertise here!