Configuration of a CSR8635 Modul with FTDI Chip

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

first of all I'm new here so please be kind :)

I've been working with a lot of Class-D amps with integrated CSR bluetooth modules. I always wanted to get rid of the annoying tones and to change the name of my modules.

So I started my research and ended up that there are two ways to reprogram the modules. Buying a CSR USB-SPI Programmer or using a cheap FTDI-USB converter.

As I don't want to wait for the CSR programmer to arrive from China and I have some FTDI converters in my box i went for the second method.

I did everything according to that github site and was able to change the name of my module with the PSTool.

GitHub - lorf/csr-spi-ftdi: USB SPI programmer/debugger for CSR BlueCore bluetooth chips, based on FTDI USB to UART converter, for Linux and Windows

To change the tones i found this site Change Bluetooth Audio Amplifier Name or Audio Tone
They use the Configuration Tool to do so, but it's not working for me. When I click on Open From Device I get an error saying that is unable to read the device.

Do I have to change something else? I only have the SPI wires connected not the UART. As I was able to change the name I conclude that the SPI connection is working correctly.

I am working on Windows 10 64 bit. Usually I am working with Linux but I wasn't able to get it running with Wine.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.