Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Beomaster refit - controversial?
Beomaster refit - controversial?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th October 2019, 01:51 AM   #51
tallnutt is offline tallnutt  Australia
diyAudio Member

Yes, I just ordered one. Reading this post [freeDSP / freeUSBi] help sought for electronics newbie it looks like it might not be straightforward, but I will persevere.

Eventually I want the DSP to ouput to two separate amps, for the A and B channels. One will be set up for music, the other for movies.
Old 11th October 2019, 02:01 AM   #52
Turbowatch2 is offline Turbowatch2  Germany
diyAudio Member

please read here, post 42-
this description worked for the cheapest programmer $3.80 inc. P&P even with the newer software.

low cost USBi programmer using cypress CY7C68013A board
Old 11th October 2019, 02:37 AM   #53
diyAudio Member

It seems it is possible to program the dsp through an arduino, but the details of how to do it are hard to find
YouTube
Old 11th October 2019, 11:17 AM   #54
diyAudio Member

I got it working through an arduino using link below. But big problem now is finding a program that will use the external volume and tone controls. I have asked the vendor. So far nothing works. no sound.

YouTube

Last edited by tallnutt; 11th October 2019 at 11:17 AM. Reason: forogt link
Old 12th October 2019, 03:37 AM   #55
diyAudio Member

Ok, I think programming this DSP is beyond me. The main LED on the board does not come on now, and cannot reprogram to the original crossover so something is wrong. Turbowatch, have you got yours to work? The vendor will not reply and they have very little documentation, I am beginning to realise why it is so cheap..
Old 23rd October 2019, 05:20 AM   #56
stocktrader200 is offline stocktrader200  Canada
diyAudio Member

Raspberry pi may have some code for it.
Old 23rd October 2019, 06:02 AM   #57
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallnutt View Post
Ok, I think programming this DSP is beyond me. The main LED on the board does not come on now, and cannot reprogram to the original crossover so something is wrong. Turbowatch, have you got yours to work? The vendor will not reply and they have very little documentation, I am beginning to realise why it is so cheap..

Thanks, but I have the board that turbowatch mentioned on order. Setting up the RPi will take days I don't have. I just hope that with the programming board I can bring it back to life. The LED does not light now, even though the arduino recognises the eprom. So I'm hoping the LED doesn't light because it has no program now, somehow the arduino just flashed it. If it doesn't work then its just $50 in the trash . The worst thing with this board has been the replies from 3-e audio, along the lines of 'you are too stupid to use it', and 'no, we won't send you any examples or advice.'
Old 23rd October 2019, 01:05 PM   #58
Turbowatch2 is offline Turbowatch2  Germany
diyAudio Member

I have the cheapest programmer (and a logic analyzer) that I first reprogrammed to work with Sigma Studio. Works fine and did what I wanted to the 3e-board.

If you have not got it working with SS as described, there is no way to program anything. Do not connect it to the DSP, you can do nothing with it.

I have not used the DSP in my final installation, as it is part of a larger project and hobby time has its limits.
Yes, it is not expensive, because you have to do some extra work, but this extra work makes it so universal. If you only want a DSP for equalizing or an x-over, you can get the same DSP with a program as a finished unit. The disadvantage is, you can not reprogram it for other functions.
So you got a flexible product, which makes it very useful, but on the other hand, many options make it more complicated.
I told you that it will need some time to learn how to use it. The thread about SS here in the forum is very detailed and correct if you follow it step by step.
As I do not have your individual parts, maybe something is not working on yours, but the product in general is fine and well designed, as far as one can expect from such a thing today.
Im sorry you did not get the programmer (it was missing in your order, if I remember right?), as this would make things much simpler for you.
I can not say anything about using Arduino with Sigma Studio, this was to complicated and confusing for me.

I use WIN 7 -64, the cheap 5$ programmer and Sigma Studio. This is the way it is advised by the manufacturer of the the ADAU1701 DSP. I will not try to work around this.

If you load one of the basic files for the DSP in SS, you can modify them for your needs.
Sigma Studio has anything I could ever think of and even more.
Old 27th October 2019, 09:37 AM   #59
diyAudio Member

Thanks Turbowatch, I will post again when I get the programmer. I will follow the SS forum posts. I'm using an NE5532 tone preamp in the meantime.

Beomaster refit - controversial?Hide this!Advertise here!