Hypex NC122MP integrated amp - Mute?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an NC122MP amp that I plan on converting into an integrated amp, using it along with the Putzeys balanced preamp in a single case.

Now, I would like to run the Putzeys pre from the Vaux of the NC122mp, but this means that I will not be able to turn on the preamp before the power amp--as per the customary procedure to avoid the "thump" heard through the speakers.

This brings me to my idea: use the Mute function on the NC122mp to cut the amp's output during power on. And my question:

Can I simply connect an SPDT to the amp's Mute pin? The SPDT would have one side providing the high logic (3,3-12v) and the other side to ground.

Or, is there a better way to accomplish my goal?

Mute pin specs from Hypex:
6.2 Amplifier Mute
By asserting either of the Amplifier Mute pins on the H-Box connector both amplifiers will be muted. This pin
may be left unconnected if the mute function is not used.

Amplifier mute: Logic High level 3,3 - 12 Vdc
Amplifier un-mute: Logic Low level < 0.8 Vdc

Any advice is appreciated.

According to the NC122MP documentation (page 7), there is a delay of 1500ms after all power supplies reach operating voltage before there is any audio output. Whether that means the outputs are muted, I’m not sure, but if so that’s likely enough time to avoid a turn-on thump. You tell me though - I’m not familiar with Putzeys balanced pre.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.