500W of ICEpower for USD$100, deal or not?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I see no need to replace the case. After studying it some more the 1/4 jacks input say they are balanced and have a pcb w ac power going to it and 5 wires going to the preamp....I'm thinking I need remove these 1/4 jacks/pcb and replace them w some rca inputs, then run the wires from the new rca inputs to the 125asx module inputs. Then it should work again?

The preamp of my Vocopro also stopped working recently. I made a simple bypass and the ICE power module seems to work perfectly. I want to use it in BTL mode, therefore I have ordered an unbalanced to balanced module on ebay that I plan to put into the cabinet. Do I need any of the Vocopro modules or can I take them all out?

bypassing preamp board

Like Vidareje, my preamp board seems to be bad also. I was under the impression that i needed a phase inverter / balanced driver board to do a BTL with the icepower 125asx2 board. However i was looking at the data sheet linked below and as i interpet it and the figure #17 on page 24 it is possible to run a single ended input parallel to both channels. Am i mistaken? I think that the downside would be a 3db or 6db attenuation. Or will it fry the amp or my speakers?

https://icepower.dk/download/1636/

I tried to post an image of the exact page 24 but doing so escapes me.

I used the power to the input stage (14V),removed the fan (never ran) and the input card.
I could also use all the original cables.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

20200726_174318-jpg.652468

The board fits in there nicely. How does she sound?
Don't mean to complicate things, but it would be better to have the input jack on the same side as the input board. It would be a very short connection to a jack on the fan side, and you could use the shielded cable for another project. It's not ideal to have the input cable cross over the amp and SMPS. One of the first things I did with this amp was pulled the original input jacks/board to the other side, and it did improve the SQ.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.