Default Universal System Voltage Supervisor for things like Class-D amps (Anti pop)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not only meant for Class-D-amplifiers but all sorts of electronics which need some kind of brown-out-detection, muting, shutdown, reset etc. i managed to made a small PCB to take care of hopefully everything useful. From the topic read here in the forum, there's always some pain with poping, cracking and ploping amplifiers in some sort. So to deal with this, i'd choosen the MIC8114 SVS (system voltage supervisor) and build some peripherals around.

- 40x35mm in dimension with two mounting holes for m3 and and hex-stands
- Input voltage is 7-60V(max)
- Minimum RESET length is 790ms, either by brown-out or manual reset
- The trip voltage level is choosen by a potentiometer (10-turn)
- Outputs are either /RESET (push pull 3V) and/or RESET (open drain with pull-up to 3V, 5V or external 50V
- Additionally there are isolated outputs either NO (CPC1017) or NC (CPC1117) or a combination of NO/NC (CPC2317) for up to 60V external voltages and 120mA by an OptoMOS
- Manual reset input /MR with some filtering and ESD TVS protection
- Onboard/external LED indicator at 1-2mA
- Fused 5V 5-10mA AUX-supply (current depending on input voltage)
- Fused reverse-polarity protection
- MIC8114 is overvoltage protected as well
- Handsolder-friendly 0805, SOT-23 components (beside some 523 sized diodes)
- Connections are made by 0.1" 2.54mm pinheader or screw-terminals
- Boards fits breadboard

To setup the trippoint, you'll set your supply voltage of the i.e. amp to the desired level and then turn the pot up/down until the RESET get active. That's about it.

769062d1563469937-universal-system-voltage-supervisor-class-amplifers-noname-jpg

Hopefully this fixes all problems with ready-made PCBs. :D

Let me know if this is of interested for anyone, PCBs will arrive in 2 weeks or so.

Attachments

• noname.jpg
    noname.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
I bought the 3e audio tpa3255 board. It is still on my todo list, but It’s possible that this board is popping too. So I am certainly interested. Do you deliver the anti pop board bare or in kit form with board and parts or even populated and ready to use.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.