New here Hoping for Proceed Amp 5 help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Proceed Amp 5 that's going in protection mode. I have narrowed it down to the RR amp module. To be sure, I have swapped positions with LR and the problem follows it. I pulled and tested all the electrolytic caps and most were within reason capacitance wise but a couple pegged my meter when testing ESR. As they were all out I replaced them all with same values. Still going into protection. Can't find schematics for this. I like the amp and would like to fix it. Best I can tell searching around is that this is a common problem with this amp but have not found the fix. Anyone here have some insight as to where to look next? Thanks,

Chip

I have a Proceed Amp 5 that's going in protection mode. I have narrowed it down to the RR amp module. To be sure, I have swapped positions with LR and the problem follows it. I pulled and tested all the electrolytic caps and most were within reason capacitance wise but a couple pegged my meter when testing ESR. As they were all out I replaced them all with same values. Still going into protection. Can't find schematics for this. I like the amp and would like to fix it. Best I can tell searching around is that this is a common problem with this amp but have not found the fix. Anyone here have some insight as to where to look next? Thanks,

Chip

Hi chip
if its really not easy to find something about your amp in the net so please feed us with some pics then the help is normaly better. ;)

FS: Proceed AMP5: 125W x 5. Mark Levinson Stable R15,000.00

if an amp is shorted new caps normaly do not help - so the old will work expect some caps are really shorted/old/dead...

its an amp with 5 output channels - so try one shelf after another to put it out to clearify which is defect- did you try this?
did you check the speakers output with meter? i interpret that one possibility could be that the output transistors are short (over power/current/over heat)

btw: your amp isn´t a Class D - so maybe the admin should move your post to the solid state?

chris

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.