Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Purifi 1ET400A Measurements
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th July 2019, 03:44 AM   #1
Diomedian is offline Diomedian  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Purifi 1ET400A Measurements

Audio Science Review has posted measurements of a (pre-production?) sample of Purifi's upcoming 1ET400A kit. According to the site, DIY modules should be available in Q4 2019.
Old 4th July 2019, 11:26 AM   #2
Reactance is offline Reactance  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomedian View Post
Audio Science Review has posted measurements of a (pre-production?) sample of Purifi's upcoming 1ET400A kit. According to the site, DIY modules should be available in Q4 2019.
Looks like marginal improvements over NCore, more interesting talk on exact model prediction, technological modeling using Matlab compared to brute force calculations, furious amount of marketing .

At what price point will this come at, I wonder.
Old 7th July 2019, 06:09 PM   #3
yoodog is offline yoodog
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactance View Post
Looks like marginal improvements over NCore, more interesting talk on exact model prediction, technological modeling using Matlab compared to brute force calculations, furious amount of marketing .

At what price point will this come at, I wonder.

There is another product on the market, but the person who developed it as a developer of marine military radars and audio amplifiers for special orders, so not many people know about him. However last years car on his SO amplifiers beta version 2.1 has gotten 4th place in EMMA sound competition. (subjectively marked down because car was from Russia )

Any way, first time since developing from 2014 now he finally decided to go public and develops V3, it is almost complete now, I'm waiting for pre orders to start. He said that pre-order platforms and website will be ready in few weeks.

His 2.1 beta version was already much better speced than any of Hypex and still better than Purifi. While price was about 180 euro. V3 is based on no compromise components policy, so will be more expensive - looking at 280 euro with Balance or Digital input.

That about as much as I know about his Indra Amps v3
Old 7th July 2019, 11:04 PM   #4
Reactance is offline Reactance  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoodog View Post
There is another product on the market, but the person who developed it as a developer of marine military radars and audio amplifiers for special orders, so not many people know about him. However last years car on his SO amplifiers beta version 2.1 has gotten 4th place in EMMA sound competition. (subjectively marked down because car was from Russia )

Any way, first time since developing from 2014 now he finally decided to go public and develops V3, it is almost complete now, I'm waiting for pre orders to start. He said that pre-order platforms and website will be ready in few weeks.

His 2.1 beta version was already much better speced than any of Hypex and still better than Purifi. While price was about 180 euro. V3 is based on no compromise components policy, so will be more expensive - looking at 280 euro with Balance or Digital input.

That about as much as I know about his Indra Amps v3
I can believe, (even the subjectively marked point you make) its pretty clear vast amounts of esoteric of control theory influence lies in Russia its not the first time I hear this.Would be interested to hear where Putzeys gets he's research from.
Old 9th July 2019, 10:59 AM   #5
MorbidFractal is offline MorbidFractal
diyAudio Member

I would not wish to be misinterpreted if I stepped in and gave a shout for Putzeys but 'wondering where he gets his research from' makes it sound like he is ripping someone else off. I often rip off ohms law but sometimes have to be slightly more insightful when I combine it with other stuff.

As for 'esoteric control theory originating from Russia' and the unknown designer working on marine military radars I'm sure the marine mammal fraternity think he is a bit of a dick and ISTR the original designer at NuForce worked on Tomohawk Missiles and managed to produce something that was unhappy with certain loads.

Having said as much it might be better to properly link to a product rather than leaving us to guess. Perhaps yoodog can consolidate his cherry with his second post to the forum.
Old 10th July 2019, 01:34 PM   #6
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

Lets try and keep this on topic and not resort to insults. Several posts deleted, a couple more may follow.
Old 16th July 2019, 09:29 AM   #8
abraxalito is offline abraxalito  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Bruno's dealt with the first tranche of questions over at ASR, makes interesting reading : Review and Measurements of Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier | Page 14 | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum
Old 16th July 2019, 09:35 AM   #9
MorbidFractal is offline MorbidFractal
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxalito View Post
Bruno's dealt with the first tranche of questions over at ASR, makes interesting reading : Review and Measurements of Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier | Page 14 | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum
Thanks. Missed that. He did pop in about the 5th and suggested he would return.

Review and Measurements of Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier | Page 7 | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum
Old 28th July 2019, 12:57 PM   #10
yoodog is offline yoodog
diyAudio Member

here is the thread. Old version of those amps got 1st place on all car audio competitions in Russia in top class SQ and came 3rd on final of EMMA CarAudio. New version is on the verge and is now being built on no compromise ideology.

?????????? ????????????????? ????????? (soAmp) Oriel Indra - ???????? 11

Guy who developed those is navy defence radar developed who sells his product to China and some other countries for costal defence

he never has time so I'm trying to make it interesting fort him to complete it asap. Can't wait for those beasts to be complete

Purifi 1ET400A MeasurementsHide this!Advertise here!