Purifi 1ET400A Measurements

I’m in contact with the developer and with person who has installed his first gen amps and got first or second places basically in every single or car audio competition in Russia and nearby on them - to be fair SQ is extremely popular in Russian car audio, there are at 4 different international formats that take place in and around Russia (Ukraine, Kazakhstan and some east Eu countries even) + he participated in the only big EU car audio competition Emma and got great results on his system when it was not even fully set.

About developer background. I just shared what his background is, because his head working is something I have not seen in my life - if you ever saw passion and professionalism working together than you know what I mean. I have been waiting for 6 a while for him to complete his v3 now and it seems like he did it finally :)

I will be happy to share more info once avaible, but that is all I have for now. Oh new amp name is Indra v3.0 as far as I know

I went to the Russia thread but could not understand anything. Can you tell us more about the amp? How good is the performance, is there any measurements?

I went to the Russia thread but could not understand anything. Can you tell us more about the amp? How good is the performance, is there any measurements?
Thread is very old, there was no interest, no conversation till now.

It looks like V3 is still a car amplifier. There are CAD 3D drawings. Balanced input on the front, output (?) on the back. It is a modular system of mono blocks, you can attach as many modules as you like side by side. It is no clear how battery power is distributed between modules. For the rated 250W, power speakers impedance should be less than 2 Ohms. (?) 600W version is on the cards.

Claiming 95% efficiency, but radiators look hudge. No module dimensions, no more specs. It will be built in Europe, so possibly shipped from EU?

Full documentation (including schematics) is promised to be published when pre-orders start.

PURIFI 1ET400A works: ±25V to ±65V DC

Hypex SMPS1200A400 -> 2x 64 V DC Hypex Electronics B.V.

or, with better quality components, Cresnet SMPS 1200 (we need two)

In diyaudio.com Audio SMPS units for sale

pinnocchio use two Cresnet SMPS with the DIY Simpelstark+ and SIMPELSTARK FAMILY – Virtual Zero Audio Store

No-global-loop amplification

790307d1572028066-global-loop-amplification-2019-10-24-21-31-15-jpg

No-global-loop amplification

ok, found a way to make them totally silent! Both sitting on the same metal plate with large caliber cable added to earth on each SMPS to center point on metal plate and to jack earth. Seems totally silent this way. Max volume and nothing at all! Nice! Copper is a better conductor than aliminium so I'm pretty sure it is the path it takes. Electricity is like water, it will always take the path of less resistance..!

@maty tinman : Yes, Cresnet SMPS. They're really good SMPS but you really need to nail the grounding properly when using in pairs...

Last edited:
lobbying....

Can you elaborate Reactance?
If you mean that suggesting other brand SMPS has some "commercial" incentive, please be aware that we almost live in 2020...
Nowadays, social media like audio forums are also platforms to do business.
How many examples for this way of doing business happening here outside the so called commercial sector you want?
This is a technical thread, so all technical suggestions perfectly allowed.
I'd rather be more interested in why a Cresnet (with supposedly better quality components) would improve on a Hypex (or whatever brand) SMPS.

Last edited:
It would be appreciated if alternatives to the Hypex SMPS1200A400 were linked. The more they are available the better for everyone. Surely there are some designed and ensambled in Asia too.

Then each choose according to their criteria and comment on impressions and, better yet, measurements. At 115 Vac (more amperes) and 230 / 240 Vac.

Last edited:
Despite its high price, it uses some very low quality components, such as the Big Su'scon's capacitors.

They consume a lot of energy in idle.

At 115 Vac, working, they can get very hot, well, some zones of the SMPS.

Hypex power supplies are expensive for a reason, I wish I owned one, but I don't, and wont bash.

They are slightly more expensive because.

- International EMI and Safety standards.
- The solder work is very good, wave-soldered the component joints are sturdy.
- Design although traditional TL494 with magnetic synchronous rectification, solid engineering, rugged, simplicity over vanity. (I think Nand Eeckhout was the engineer behind the SMPS in collaboration with Bruno at Hypex).
- Components are good, not sure why you claiming its cheap parts, again I think they source parts from reliable genuine sources.
- A plant somewhere in Malaysia assembles it with very good attention to detail/QA control.
- Idle power is ~5W.. TNY274 used for standby.

Its an expensive business to sell at high volume and keep the lights on. gotta respect this.

Reading this, Maty might have a point:
PSU 101: Capacitors Manufacturer Tier List
Su"scon capacitors are among the worst category....I'd expect Hypex to use better quality components to begin with, the more so because heat is the biggest enemy of electrolytic capacitors.
Capacitors on these Hypex supplies are located next to the hottest places, which are the semiconductors. Not so good engineering IMO.
Another (major) reason for a more expensive Hypex SMPS is that this is audio business.
I am pretty convinced that you can find at least the same quality for less money (or better quality for comparable prices) when checking mass producing specialized SMPS manufacturers.

closed account
Joined 2007
Despite its high price, it uses some very low quality components, such as the Big Su'scon's capacitors.

They consume a lot of energy in idle.

At 115 Vac, working, they can get very hot, well, some zones of the SMPS.

Well, why are the Su'scons capacitors inadequate? Would other capacitors be better? Also, yes, on some builds there may be a heat buildup, but that's the purpose of using proper heatsinks or ventilation (I have a Noctua fan on my raspberry, half a meter from me, and it is inaudible).

Another alternative, in case one wants to same some money, are the Connex power supplies.

Last edited:
closed account
Joined 2007