Can DLCP put Hypex UCD180 in standby?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to ask the forum's support.

My system consists of

- 4 x Hypex UCD180 running off an SMPS400
- 1 x Hypex DLCP with input and output boards running off an SMPS DLCP
- LXMinis

I am very happy with the system, but I have a problem with the standby operation. When I switch the DLCP into standby, the UCD180 appear to switch off (blue led switches off). but checking with my DMM, they are still powered. The case also stays warm. So, probably, the UCD180s are only muted.

I have tried to connect DLCP J17 to SMPS400 J5, but that does not give me what I need.

Has anyone managed to make the DLCP trigger the standby function on the SMPS400?

Effoc, thank you for your reply.
Yes, the trigger voltages from DLCP are not compatible with what the SMPS400 is watching for.
Since ON is 9V and OFF is 6V, it won't work to step down the voltage output DLCP as only the ON voltage would remain.
Maybe with an Arduino I can get the two of them to play nice.

Apologies to RussC

It seems I owe an apology to RussC: DLCP J16 is the answer indeed :nod:.

I sent an email to HYPEX Tech support yesterday evening and had a reply from Jos the next morning 08:33 already.

their answer was (translated from Dutch):
You can connect pins 1, 2 and 5 from J5 on the SMPS400 to the corresponding pins on J16 of the DLCP (but do NOT connect the remaining pins!)
This way, the DLCP will put the SMPS400 in standby and also drive the Auto Amplifier Enable Pin (which will switch the UCD180s off).

I have ordered the JST connectorsthis evening, hopefully they will be here before the weekend so I can wire everything up on saturday.

Will report back after testing.

Hi Effoc,
In my system, DLCP, SMPS and UCDs are all in one enclosure.
I made a three wire JST cable and connected the header J5 on SMPS to header J16 on DLCP.
When DLCP goes into standby, it triggers standby on SMPS400, so the UCDs don't get power.

Photo 15-07-2019, 20 40 52.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.