600W Class D amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Guys

I build this amp that I think is designed by "manojtm" by the name AUD600

I have problem delivering high power from it because as I increase the input signal the distortion begin to increase and the positive rail current consumption goes to 0 as the negative one draw way more power (about 1A)

So am I missing something here??
I appreciate any help from you guys
I'm not a pro and I really like to run this amp

Here's the schematic that I'm using right now:
AUD600.Ver.01_02.jpg - Google Drive

Some Scope shots:

From pin 7 of IR2110 regarding to -75V Rail(V/Div=5 > Time/Div=2us > Probe on 10X)
1.jpg - Google Drive

From pin 1 of IR2110 regarding to -75V Rail(V/Div=5 > Time/Div=2us > Probe on 1X)
2.jpg - Google Drive

From pin 7 of IR2110 regarding to GND Rail(V/Div=5 > Time/Div=2us > Probe on 10X)
3.jpg - Google Drive

From pin 1 of IR2110 regarding to GND(V/Div=5 > Time/Div=2us > Probe on 10X)
4.jpg - Google Drive

From left side of output coil (2 mosfet outputs) regarding to GND(V/Div=5 > Time/Div=2us > Probe on 10X)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/139ZuaWKHnBZFf6X46KvbAAFc8a5auNX8/view?usp=sharing

Hi

cant remember this circuit design is popular or work

go here APEX D200.2

Class D Amp with LM566, LM393 and 2XIRF530

working proof design from many DIYer, but take time to read and understand hidden secrets about class D

have finished PCB Class D amp today, because noboday can offer GERBER to produce pcb.

In todays time you can get for 5 USD PCB

A few people report this schematic fully working including the designer at this thread:
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/166214-ucd-25-watts-1200-watts-using-2-mosfets-266.html#post3202058

also be careful with schematics,

many Class D designs will work but important things not implemented,

to use amp can end in catastrophic failure.

proven working design is D4K5

YouTube

and APEX D200.2

In APEX schematic you need to add Load resistor 1.5 - 2.2 K 5W between output and GND

2 x Diode between output and +/- Rail

mail me for share xeperience

equal current just like negitive rail is drawing from power supply GND (positive rail is kind of center and it draws or deliver no current)
can somebody please explain this to me? is this normal?

Impossibile to explain in short,

this circuit is only for show how class D can work, not a final design

This is the Final Design from your circuit,

YouTube

if you not like build, buy TI TPAXXX Class D Chip amp

not loose time and money with Class D

study Apex D200 and crest CD3000 schematic to understand

Hi,

AUD600 amp is good you need to change 100k to 68k FB resistor and 10K/1W FB resistor to 2K2/2W and 56pF to 100pF/200v and 2N5401 emitter resistor 1K to 10K and IR2110 supply bootstrap cap 4.7uF to 22uF/63v and FSW adj. resistor 1k to 680 or 560 ohm

Regards
MANOJ

Hi dear manojtm
I'm so glad to be able to get some help from the designer

I did fix the previous problem and now I have a working amp but now the problem is that I can not get more than 600W rms out of this amp on a 4 ohms load despite using a +-90 volts supply
(I get about 70 volts peak output and after that clipping start. at clipping point I have about +-84V on amp rails)
so why do you think this is happening?
I'm currently using IRF250M but I plan to change it to IRFP4227

With +-50V supply amp works great and I get output peak voltage near amplifier rail votages

Thank you again for this amp and your help and I appreciate it if you could help me fix my problem

Hi,
Thanks
now the problem is that I can not get more than 600W rms out of this amp on a 4 ohms load despite using a +-90 volts supply
(I get about 70 volts peak output and after that clipping start. at clipping point I have about +-84V on amp rails)

90v supply rail you will get more than 600W. you said you get 70v on output at 4R load. it means you get more than 1000W

for higher voltage you need to set FB resistor to get 29dB~32dB Max. gain

Regards
MANOJ

Hi,
Thanks

90v supply rail you will get more than 600W. you said you get 70v on output at 4R load. it means you get more than 1000W

for higher voltage you need to set FB resistor to get 29dB~32dB Max. gain

Regards
MANOJ

Hi dear MANOJ

I want to build two separate amp that each capable of delivering 800W rms @4 ohms load for my subwoofers
right now I get 70V peak output voltages that is about 50V rms that deliver about 625W rms @ 4 ohms

I know that for 800W @4ohms I only nead +-80 volts but to lower my SMPS output voltage I have to reduce 1 turn of each secondary winding that will cause to reduce the voltages below +-80 Volts

:)

Attachments

• New 2.jpg
    New 2.jpg
    598.1 KB · Views: 413
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.