600W Class D amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
so you don't understand the differnce between peak voltage and rms voltage?

Hi,

I know, but in audio band 20Hz~ 20KHz you tested with resistor load different output voltage will get, the same way tested with speaker it is different.All speakers(except Pro Audio) are noted is FTC rating only not true RMS. If you need accurate true RMS provide more supply and supporting MOSFET.
+/-100v supply rail will get 80vpp @clip true RMS is 57v = 800W@4R RMS

Regards
MANOJ

Hi,
badboy6120 only for you,
please measure output volt without any load on current configuration.

a) +/-85v supply rail 100Hz pure sine wave 1.4vpp signal
b) +/-85v supply rail 1000Hz pure sine wave 1.4vpp signal

Regards
MANOJ

Hi sir monaj
thanks alot for helping
I will do that tonight and share the result but without any load the rail voltages goes to +-90V and 85V is when the amp is under heavy load

Hi,
badboy6120 only for you,
please measure output volt without any load on current configuration.

a) +/-85v supply rail 100Hz pure sine wave 1.4vpp signal
b) +/-85v supply rail 1000Hz pure sine wave 1.4vpp signal

Regards
MANOJ

with +-90V supply and feeding a 1.4V peak to peak sine wave I get about 108V peak to peak with 100Hz and 1khz(without any load)

Last edited:
Hey guys
I was wondering if the new supply votages(+-110V) will cause any damage to the mosfets (BVDSS)
my mosfets are 4IRFP4227
I test this amp with more than 1KW RMS output for an Hour but I don't want to damage the mosfet because of the drain source breakdown voltage
any help would be appriciated

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.