Does adding a power switch reduces SQ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am assembling an icePower 50ASX module in some aluminium project box, and I have some questions regarding sound quality:

1-. Does adding a power button degrades SQ?
I ask, because I need to "re route" the electrical current to the power button, meaning more resistance, noise, etc.

2-. Does feeding another PSU from the internal part of the IEC connector (meaning spliced cables) degrades SQ?
I ask because I want to add to the same box, a Meanwell 12V switching power supply, around 50W to feed an input buffer an maybe a miniDSP 2x4. I don't like external PSUs, and I prefer one box connected to the wall, and inside that box, everything crammed.

3-. Is the power cable, the one that goes from amp to the wall, important for SQ?
I know there are good and bad cables, and good and bad connectors. I know I want to use some good quality, but do i need those audiphile USD$150 per feet power cables? Hope not.

4-. Can I use standard, good quality, not too thick, speaker cable for internal wiring without loss in SQ?
I want to use a good quality cable, and I do have good electrical cable, but does that work for going from amp to binding posts and to go from buffer to amp? or should I use good speaker cable? By "good" I mean a good 18gauge OFC.

My background, for you to understand my questions: This is my first diy amp (i com from standard AVR's), and I've read a lot of info but sometimes, the opinion in one site is quite the opposite of the other. Although my hearing is good, I am not an audiophile nor super exquisite audio enthusiast. Mostly like dynamic and exciting sound from movies, not much else.

Thanks in advance to you all!

1 - No. Follow basic rules, twist cables, keep power away from small signals.
2 - No. Follow same rules as 1.
3 - No.
4a - Speaker: Yes. Use adequate size for required current. Length is so short that fancy cables will make no difference.
4b - buffer to amp: screened signal cable (balanced or un-balanced as appropriate). If short, twisting cables will suffice.

Is your module supplied with pre-made cables & connectors? If so, use them.

Most on this forum have little time for those who espouse boutique audiophile cables.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.