YJ TPA3255 2.1 Finished Amp Noise Floor,Quality?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
just got
YJ TPA3255 CSR64215 PCM5100 Bass Treble +Bluetooth 120W+120W+240W Class D AMP on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

how ever, with my nice, good quality consumer speakers that seam to be fairly sensitive. There is a poor noise floor with no audio playing :(.

My seams to have cheaper caps in it :/.

anyone else got the YJ 2.1 tpa3255 amp from other sellers? any better qualirty of components, noise floor?

This seller shipped amp with very little packaging. No padding for pots/VR/volume nobs :(.

The bluetooth anterior is also missing :(. I thought this seller was cheapest cus they where new and trying to get feedback. there feedback had been very positive, seamed more helpful than other sellers of this amp but other sellers do have positive feedback for that batch of amps they where selling... hmm maybe i should have got it from them...

bad noise from bluetooth mode. high pitch mix of noise.

lossless recording. normalized using "sox --norm". so quite recording is near 0db but without dynamic range compression or clipping. converted to acc in mp4 format so forum accept upload. used 800k bitrate.

do wish forum accepted flac, ogg, opus uploads. there html5 compatible formats. apple and m$ users can use vlc, firefox, chrome to play them.

Attachments

• tpa3255_2.1_yj.audio_recording_of_noise_only.mp4
    730.5 KB
remembered how to attached files/images ;)

Attachments

• XLSEMI-XL7005A.jpg
    XLSEMI-XL7005A.jpg
    764.7 KB · Views: 111
  • overview.jpg
    overview.jpg
    638.7 KB · Views: 244
  • TONE.JPG
    TONE.JPG
    787.8 KB · Views: 256
  • YJ_TPA3255_2.1-5.jpg
    YJ_TPA3255_2.1-5.jpg
    872.8 KB · Views: 254
  • YJ_TPA3255_2.1-3.jpg
    YJ_TPA3255_2.1-3.jpg
    723.8 KB · Views: 265
  • YJ_TPA3255_2.1-2.jpg
    YJ_TPA3255_2.1-2.jpg
    729.5 KB · Views: 270
To fix the issues all at once, you'll need to connect the bluetooth module differentially to the TPA32XX input stage bypassing all that stuff in between. (Volume/Tone Control, Line driver, AUX relais etc.)

You may also try using shielded wire from the output of the line-driver (DRV602/3) to the front of the board (most likely the relais) grounding the shield only on side, presumely somewhere at the relais. (To hopefully get around the dcdc converter) Cut the traces at the output of the line-driver and relais (So both sides to not form another antenna).

What module do you use?

The CSR DAC at the 8645 and up aren't that bad. I used them in the past for my bike-pa and don't find then noisy at all. It is possible to use these, even in single-ended configuration and a connected to a DRV602/3 all connected to the same supply with the power-amp, without noise/buzz when done somewhat right.

arr just found a differently branded, over priced product that has matching product pictures. I guess mine is a clone!?
K.GUSS AD21 Class D HIFI audio TPA3255 2.1 Bluetooth (IIS) DAC PCM5100 power amplifier 150W+150W+300W-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

maybe i should order one directly from YJ? more ££ postage but at least it will be real deal. just no dispute option... but compared to fuss of a dispute and potently loss of some money... maybe its less of a risk :). ordered from yj ages ago but one of my tpa3116 boards died from them but i was not sure if i had made a mistake with it....

ok, so aliexpress accpected my dispute. i have partial refund of £ 41.04 or return for full refund. looks like tracked postage to china is £11~ . It cost me £ 68.39 to buy. so im losing £11 anyway if i was to return. so keeping it comes at a cost of £57.85~. opted to keep it but feeling now maybe i should have returned it... arrgh well if i sell it on for £17 then i will have lost the same if i returned it... and someone else can hack it up on the cheap...

anyway so i was looking at "fixing" by disabling bluetooth. snag i realised is gnd audio connection is not switched. the rca tracks go directly to the relay. so in rca input mode. any noise is noisefloor or interference from the bluetooth stuff.

So i need to cut power to bluetooth stuff so the gnd loop or other bt ,pcm noise interface is not a problem anymore. right?

so i was looking at pcb tracking to where to cut power tracks for bluetooth stuff. snag is in the power circuits section of pcb is the regulator for the preamps and i guess power for the replys. So i need to keep power to those.

those green caps i have a bad feeling about, where i wonder if i should have just returned the dam thing and only lost £11 on this thing and saved my time trying to fix it... arrgh
Well it would be good to see if i can fix it...

I cut the 3.3v power traces from the 2 liner regulators. cus the pcm dac has a digital 3.3v power in and another pin for analogue 3.3v power from the middle liner regulator. the digital power pin gets it power from the bt module power liner regulator.
I thought with the bt module is not getting +3.3v getting power, then no need to cut its gnd trace?

no more low level bt noise at beginning of analogue input mode. just hiss noise floor. not good for sensitive or half decent speakers. i guess with cheap speakers, the noise floor might be less noticeable.

I also didnt cut the audio traces from the pcm dac. as i didn't see the point when the relay is not connecting them to the amp.

upgrade pre-amps to get better noise floor? I am not intending too, as i guess the other components or design may be part of the noise floor problem? if it helps i could try... or i can send my time on a new better made in the first place amp :). got some e3audio tpa325* amps to finish boxing up :)

bottom side pics and a pic of my fix to bt disable.
also a pic of what i guess could be a contacts for a fault and clip leds?? near the pwr switch

Attachments

• fault-clip-leds?.jpg
    fault-clip-leds?.jpg
    715.6 KB · Views: 109
  • tpa3255_2.1_KGUSS_YJ_pcb_Bottom-Side-1.jpg
    tpa3255_2.1_KGUSS_YJ_pcb_Bottom-Side-1.jpg
    1,023.9 KB · Views: 95
  • tpa3255_2.1_KGUSS_YJ_pcb_Bottom-Side-3.jpg
    tpa3255_2.1_KGUSS_YJ_pcb_Bottom-Side-3.jpg
    964.2 KB · Views: 93
  • bt_disable_fix.jpg
    bt_disable_fix.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 57
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.