Wondom Amp/DSP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the WONDOM brand that could tell me whether the following would work. Unfortunately, the company isn't too good at documenting their products properly, nor providing support within a reasonable amount of time, so I'm asking here (attached).

FYI, the reason I'd prefer this setup over any pre-fab options they have is as follows:
- The JAB3 options have DSP and Bluetooth, but the battery pack can't be connected to the amp while charging. I'd like to keep everything as-is no matter the state: charging or discharging. Moreover, the on-screen bluetooth name can't be changed.
- The older JAB2 amps can be charged while connected, but do not have built-in DSP, and their Bluetooth name can't be changed either.

I hope that, with this setup, I can get DSP and the amp to work together for a reasonable price. I'll add the third-party customizable bluetooth receiver later, but that should be easy. So yeah, any experience with these? I'd love to hear whether this will work.

Attachments

• 2019-05-08 21_13_28-Document1 - Microsoft Word.png
    2019-05-08 21_13_28-Document1 - Microsoft Word.png
    455.7 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:
i don't think you get any documentation about the dsp from them. your on your own unless your a big customer with $10k :/ order.

i have a jab2. no boost converter, so i think is running directly from the battery pack. which means the tpa3116 is only able to do half its output power. Quality and noise floor seams to be good. bluetooth works. Vol pot seams to be a bit scratchy these days... hmm :/

i think it also drains the battery flat after a month. unless its the little volt meter i added. i assume its the amp. best to leave battery disconnected for long periods.

womdom/sure seam to make good products. though with a cost optimised design. works, does the job but perhaps not as well as something 2x more expensive but hard to beat.

I use there dc-dc boost converters. seam to work great. not noticed them adding noise to audio. looks like better caps i guess then cheapo boards.

Last edited:
in my latest order. the idiots marked the value as 100. despite asking me. so now i have a £40 vat + handling bill from tnt. lesson is if doing orders that will be in a box bigger than say 25x20cm. Ask them to spit order up in to multiple packages with your local vat limit. means paying more for postage but its half the cost of a vat bill. the handing fee is half the bill!

ICG

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
in my latest order. the idiots marked the value as 100. despite asking me. so now i have a £40 vat + handling bill from tnt. lesson is if doing orders that will be in a box bigger than say 25x20cm. Ask them to spit order up in to multiple packages with your local vat limit. means paying more for postage but its half the cost of a vat bill. the handing fee is half the bill!

I don't know about the handling fee but the VAT should be a fixed percentage. That means, unless each package is under a limit which makes it cheaper or free, it will cost the still the same.

ICG

Disabled Account
Joined 2007

ICG

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.