Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Crown CTs2000 and Cts3000 channel 2 clipping on idle
Crown CTs2000 and Cts3000 channel 2 clipping on idle
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th April 2019, 05:11 PM   #1
Silvi is offline Silvi  Malta
diyAudio Member

Default Crown CTs2000 and Cts3000 channel 2 clipping on idle

I have 2 amps CTS 3000/2000 that came for repair. The 3000 had a blown smps which I manage to fix finding a couple of vias raised and burnt links and the crowbar scr blown. Connecting the amp to the power source with a current limiter (heating element) the amp came on but channel two started to indicate that there was a signal on the input. Checking the output with a scope I found out that an irregular oscillation was coming out of channel 2. After a short while (5sec) the clipping indicator lights up and the output dies.
Checking the gate drives these where both good and I also interchanged them and the fault still persists on channel 2. I also interchanged the the other two modules which when fitted on the good channel both worked good. I have a schematic which I downloaded. I tried to follow around but could not find anything faulty. The amp was fully dismantled and cleaned and also checked what I could for any apparent fault but could not find any.
Has anyone found a similar fault maybe he or she could highlight me where to look for such a fault? I spent hours looking around and did not come to any conclusion yet.
Is there any service manual available? or maybe a repair guide?

Last edited by Silvi; 18th April 2019 at 05:14 PM.

Crown CTs2000 and Cts3000 channel 2 clipping on idleHide this!Advertise here!