One supply two channels, how to wire

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Don´t worry, most stereo amps in this world have only one power supply. Your amps allready have some decoupling capacity at the PCB. The 4 dominant cans with silver top and brown coat.
Use decend wires, twist them together (power + ground- speaker positive out + speaker negative out- input hot + ground). Keep wires short and don´t bundle them. Have a look at some of the assembled amps here, BEFORE you start. If it looks clean and tidy to you, it will probaply function well. Beware of shorts, also from the under side of the PCB. Use a metal housing to keep high frequency radiation to a minimum.
Good luck!

Be aware of the primary side of the SMPS !- its about 200V there !!:eek:
in other countries about 300-400V

Thank you all for your responses. I appreciate them. A note: the manufacturer responded, saying (in effect) that the two power supply inputs are really just one, so only one needs to be connected.

With respect to the 200V, thanks. I don't want to die. So this raises a second question. I would like to understand how, comprehensively, to handle ground. Can any of you point me to guidance on how to get signal, power, and chassis ground all set up safely and also effectively with respect to avoidance of noise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.